Painting decking tips

High maintenance when push comes to shove. The modern approach is artificial Astro Turf bordered with a hint of timber. Immaculate to look at no weeding.

9bxAYK2.jpg
Have you put the Astro turf over the decking?

that’s a good idea.

Thicker nap and more product, works great

Fair enough, glad it worked for you.
We found it was more difficult to get a consistent application, was harder work and took more time.
Maybe we just didn't find the right roller etc.

Fair enough, glad it worked for you.
We found it was more difficult to get a consistent application, was harder work and took more time.
Maybe we just didn't find the right roller etc.
I build a lot of decks and maintain a few of them. I try to avoid any semi or solid stains, just making more work for you in the future

Done that before. Helps if let the oil down with petrol. Lasts for years but does hum a bit for a week or two. Tends to lighten in colour slightly with time....
Also...put an old towels down if you're thinking of sun bathing. No smoking or bbqs on it for at least a week.

my fences need replacing. I will add a drop of petrol to the oil. I won’t have to worry about them until I’m retired.

I would recommend oil over paint.
For either though, a fence/decking brush, the kind with a handle that can be put on a broom handle will save your back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.