COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
They know they should recommend wearing masks. I reckon the only reason they’re not is due to supply issues that might cause a shortfall for NHS and care workers if the whole population is trying to get hold of them.

This is where government has to accept risk.
If they go off message too early every **** with an internet connection buys masks. Now all the masks are sold and the supply chain is empty and the key workers end up without masks.

They have to ensure they have enough masks on back order in the chain before they say masks are good. It's all about timing and the messaging the government project.

They know there will be a massive backlash when they change the message and the longer they wait the bigger it will be. But they need to secure the stock for the key workers first because if they don't the backlash will be worse.

This is risk management laid bare.

There comes a point where telling the truth works and this is it.
Stateing the truth that N95 masks are essential for medical staff but are not required for public use, and further, that if the public try to get N95 masks it will endanger the PPE delivery to front line staff will suffice. Mask alternatives should then be described.
Tell the truth. The vast majority of the public will understand.

When leading doctors can spot the issue as a result of reading medical papers on the subject, then surely the "no mask" doctrine at the heart of government scientific advice (that is backed up by PHE and NHS enforcement) has to be kicked into touch?
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...h-face-masks-should-worn-prevent-coronavirus/
How fucking long can they keep flogging a dead horse?
I guess that as it took a month and a half to recommend vitamin D supplements.then there is my answer.
Not read the link you provided. Apologies. It's just your post in its own right jumped out at me. I'm 99% certain I've had the virus. Had to speak to a doctor after ignoring the demand to go to A n E after filling in an E form on line for serious issues that I believe is related to after effects of this virus. I strongly believed I just needed antibiotics
When leading doctors can spot the issue as a result of reading medical papers on the subject, then surely the "no mask" doctrine at the heart of government scientific advice (that is backed up by PHE and NHS enforcement) has to be kicked into touch?
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...h-face-masks-should-worn-prevent-coronavirus/
How fucking long can they keep flogging a dead horse?
I guess that as it took a month and a half to recommend vitamin D supplements.then there is my answer.
Your post is very interesting. I've been banging on about vitamin D since February. A very long story why. I'm no conspiracy theorist or anything. In December I was prescribed 40000 iu's of vitamin D. In February I was really poorly. I am in the high risk category, but recovered with no major fight, unpleasant and a bit scary at times, but no worse than most of us have had at some time with some virus at my age and smoking drinking history. I'm on antibiotics now for a suspected kidney infection. Giving the doctor info regarding my vitamin D, symptoms in February etc, she had no hesitation in prescribing me the antibiotics. Oh and they are working BTW. Feeling good now. Oh nearly forgot, she was of the opinion I had had corona . Not the booze.

There are a number of reports that Covid-19 damages the kidneys.
I know. Seriously I have an interesting story. I don't think I'm unique or anything. More like interesting coincidences with timing. Not pre planned by some tin hat theory. Just coincidences that suggests vitamin D is so important to many aspects of our health. Maybe we need to ask why we are not getting enough naturally.

Can't treat a virus chips,if we could we would have by now
That’s untrue I’m afraid. You can’t cure a virus but you can treat one with antiretrovirals that stop it killing people. That’s what Chippy is talking about.

There are two very promising drugs being tested at the minute:

https://www.newsweek.com/remdesivir...l-patients-trial-released-within-week-1498429

And the one GD linked:

https://news.gsu.edu/2020/04/15/geo...hritis-drug-is-effective-against-coronavirus/

I’ve now bought a few quids worth of shares in both.

I’m sure there are probably others that I’ve not read anything about.

Last edited:
There comes a point where telling the truth works and this is it.
Stateing the truth that N95 masks are essential for medical staff but are not required for public use, and further, that if the public try to get N95 masks it will endanger the PPE delivery to front line staff will suffice. Mask alternatives should then be described.
Tell the truth. The vast majority of the public will understand.
I just bought some masks yesterday after the pharmacy were out of stock for about a month. They've now got loads (one pack per person though, with government-set prices), but they're not the type that filter particles. But that's not what you need for the general public, you just want something that will stop people coughing and sneezing on stuff. They're for other people's benefit, not the wearer. To be honest, I've managed to get away with wearing the same one for a few weeks, because I literally only wear it for the 20 minutes it takes to go to the shop and back. A pack of 20 should see me through the rest of the outbreak tbh.

But yeah, they need to go to health workers first, then other essential workers, then the general public last. But you wonder if Europe hadn't dismissed the notion of wearing masks, they would have been able to spend the last month ramping up production to have enough for everyone. Here in Asia, there was definitely a shortage for a while, but it seems like the factories have now caught up with increased demand (although my pack is all in Chinese so presumably imported from China).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.