Remembering Yaya!

Please elaborate on these 3-4 seasons, I'd love to understand which seasons specifically. The 20 goal season, yes absolutely no problem, I'm struggling to name any others.

He was AWOL in a large proportion of games; Barry/De Jong and later Fernandinho had to be monsters to compensate for Toure's lack of desire to do the dirty work (just like Ndombele at Spurs now). Talent is irrelevant, look at De Bruyne, just as good if not better than Toure AND he does the hard graft too.
He was never AWOL from October 2010 at West Ham (the game it really kicked off for him) up to the end of the 2013-14 season. He was superb throughout those years. The best player in the league over those four years.

He had well over 100 passes in many games across all of those years. Far from being AWOL, he was the most important player in the team during that time.

He swept aside every midfielder but Gundogan (at Dortmund at the time) in that time. He was head and shoulders above the rest in his position, or any position in the Prem.

He was never AWOL from October 2010 at West Ham (the game it really kicked off for him) up to the end of the 2013-14 season. He was superb throughout those years. The best player in the league over those four years.

He had well over 100 passes in many games across all of those years. Far from being AWOL, he was the most important player in the team during that time.

He swept aside every midfielder but Gundogan (at Dortmund at the time) in that time. He was head and shoulders above the rest in his position, or any position in the Prem.
We've been over this a million times, it's boring. I expect a bare minimum in terms of effort and work rate, others are happy as long as he runs past 3 players and bangs one in the top corner every so often. You'll never convince me just like I'll never convince you, we hold different values on what is important.

Bloody well said mate.

I remember him playing in the Thomas cook trophy as at 17 or 18 years old.

He strolled through our midfield with ease.

I hate what Yaya did to the club in the end but lately I been watching him back playing for City and he's been totally underrated by this country, how he didnt win a national player award I dont know

I hate what Yaya did to the club in the end but lately I been watching him back playing for City and he's been totally underrated by this country, how he didnt win a national player award I dont know
Maybe he played in the wrong colour shirt...had an immense season in 2014, although Suarez had a great season that year (remember the tears at Palace) i believe the awards are voted before the season ends so when the club prizes are won the vote os already cast. At least Yaya won the league and league cup that year.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.