Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I am sorry to say that the way the things are heading, is that the head of the Premier League who ever that maybe is looking to get these games finished. That is because we all know which clubs they are want it finishing, and are applying the pressure on him. This so that they can, in which ever way possible get their objectives done. If that means whether by hook or by crook Livarpool get their hands on the Premier League trophy so be it. Their 2nd objective is to se us out of the European places if at all possible.

All it needs is one player from a Premier League club to get this coronavirus and be come seriously ill and the Premier League as we now know it now, will be completely dead and buried.

May I offer a suggestion to all fellow blues and that is to write, e-mail etc., to your M.P. and ask him to put pressure on the Minister for Sport to come out with a statement that there will be no sports until I give the go ahead. I have already e-mailed my M.P..

Today Bavaria announced that the Oktoberfest in of course October has been cancelled. It is said they will lose I billion euros as a result but clearly they see public health as more important than profit. I wish they were in charge of football as I am becoming increasingly pissed off with the greedy selfish bastards who do.

Blue Mist. I always go to the Christmas Markets in Germany around the beginning of December. I already decided back in early march that I will not be going this year. My health is more important than a holiday. Will I miss it I have know doubt that I will.

Today Bavaria announced that the Oktoberfest in of course October has been cancelled. It is said they will lose I billion euros as a result but clearly they see public health as more important than profit. I wish they were in charge of football as I am becoming increasingly pissed off with the greedy selfish bastards who do.
Agree. Not really bothered if I see a match again the way it's going.

Agree. Not really bothered if I see a match again the way it's going.
Yeah used to love shouting/singing and being part of it, think that's probably it now after 49 years man & boy, at least for18 months for me & perhaps forever. But I'm
not risking myself & certainly not my loved ones.

Sad times.

There is only one way behind closed doors will work without fans turning up. This will need the cooperation of the whole media, and also the cooperation of all the staff of the venues being used. Plus all the staff of the hotels being used to house the players and all their medical and training staff. That of course will not happen. Every team needs the home advantage which will not happen if it is played at neutral venues.

So where will these neutral venues be. They have said one in the North, one in the Midlands and one in the South. The venue for the South is easy that is Wembley Stadium. What isn't so easy is the venues for the Midlands and the North. The home of Aston Villa is out, I don't know if St. Andres is up to holding a load of Premier League games all in one go. It is the North that is the most difficult to sort out a ground for the games to go ahead.

As I have stated before, the changing rooms will have to be deep cleaned before every game. This is to reduce the spread of the coronavirus. The way I look at it say the cleaning staff come in at 8.00am allowing 3 hours for the changing rooms to be deep cleaned. That means that the 1st game can kick off about 12.00pm. With injury time you will be talking about 2.00pm before the players leave the pitch. then all the players have to warm down so that's another 30mins. Afterall this they have to get a shower and changed. So you are going to need about in total between 6-7hrs per game. This is counting the cleaning time as well. That is just not going to happen. The changing rooms will have to be completely deep cleaned between every game, otherwise there could be the risk of an infection of the coronavirus spreading.

One problem I can see with the Neutral grounds ideais if we play ,as we have to, Southampton. Do we play on a southern neutral, a northern neutral,or do we both travel to a midlands neutral?

If they try and Finnish this season it will end up been a farce. It's dead, very few people are even interested apart from the chosen few & usual suspects. It would end up been like a meaningless pre season tournament.

I saw big nose being interviewed on BBC News this morning. No, not Phil, the other one, the Welsh version insisting that the league MUST be completed this season. No ifs, no buts, it MUST be completed regardless.

If they try and Finnish this season it will end up been a farce. It's dead, very few people are even interested apart from the chosen few & usual suspects. It would end up been like a meaningless pre season tournament.
Should void the league and if football must be played to appease the masses do some sort of regional comps maybe in our area16 NW sides behind closed doors it'd at least give the small clubs some TV exposure & TV money but that's not the agenda & outcome the powers want.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.