Self-employed & Coronavirus

Cheesy ,I am a small limited company but pay my accountant monthly by DD so there is no big bill at the end of the year.I know most of his clients do the same so he is still getting a regular monthly income.
Is it something you do or consider going forward?

Bookkeeping for small Limited Companies.

Sorry to hear that bud.

As a small Ltd company myself (one man band and a director) I can tell you of at least ten colleagues who operate the same way as me who have decided to call it quits during the last fortnight after their year end.

The 80 per cent furlough amounts, as opposed to the base salary and dividends, makes it a cruel dilemma.

Business goes anyhow because can't work.

As opposed to self employed who can get 80 per cent of salary and still work.

I hope you can hang on in.

Sorry to hear that bud.

As a small Ltd company myself (one man band and a director) I can tell you of at least ten colleagues who operate the same way as me who have decided to call it quits during the last fortnight after their year end.

The 80 per cent furlough amounts, as opposed to the base salary and dividends, makes it a cruel dilemma.

Cheers mate. It really is brutal for some of us.

In some ways, it's not the money side of things that's really getting me down. It's watching a business I've grown from scratch through hard work & stubbornness going down the shitter that really hurts.

Good luck to you too mate :)

Sorry to hear that bud.

It is hard for everyone, I am self employed, not looking like getting anything for a couple more months yet. As I work in peoples homes and schools, community centres etc, when am I likely to get any work.
I have had to borrow off mother in law and it has made me ill.
We just have to try and keep going, there will always be people worse off. "Come on let's be avin yer"

We're finished now as a business. Ours is seasonal. Myself and girlfriend are a partnership in business too .we haven't had a wage since November except for my half pension ( divorced ). Our business landlord is a very well known organisation who are registered with the council for business rates. We pay rent and a licence to them, but they have now started sending reminders for rent and of course we know what is coming next. We may even loose our premises which is a none fixed portable cafe. Gutted the way we have been treated and it has been an eye opener in terms of having faith in humanity. Seen a lot of good people in these times, but I've lost it with a large section of our community from hoarders to high flying executive shit heads. I won't have the same view of things after this that's for sure.

This may be of use, was expecting end of the month but follow the link and you can check now your eligibility, if eligible you can submit a claim from the 14th of May - exactly how isn't really clear yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.