COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
it can’t do any harm can it. Given doctors wear them , I think that gives the game away !!!!
The general public is too stupid to know how to use them properly, apparently.

(And whilst I say that in jest, my wife tells me of a guy on video yesterday who was wearing gloves whilst doing the shopping, and then used his mouth to remove a glove when he needed to answer his phone. So they may have a point!)

will be harsh on us the total figures, not just for the many incompetence in so many areas but also we will be honest overall with figures compared to so many other countries around the world

I agree with this BlueHammer85. That said, the overall figures suggest that we should have taken more / better action to combat the virus sooner.

they never imposed any lockdown like we did , it was guidance given from the govt (like boris originally gave for the first week) To use social distancing , wash hands etc. Use common sense.

South Koreans though complied.
Herein lies the rub, our society is full of rebels and know-alls with little respect for authority,

it can’t do any harm can it. Given doctors wear them , I think that gives the game away !!!!
The only harm it can do is limit the availability to health and care workers due to the demand from the population, however this could and should have been addressed during the period when we knew what was going to happen but it hadn’t started in earnest in the UK. Instead we sat on our arses and hoped for the best rather than plan and provision for the worst. This was compounded by the messaging from the government who understated the risk for a month too long.

Has anyone found somewhere that actually sell masks that are fit for purpose?
The ones I use for dusty DIY work like when doing sanding down, cutting tiles etc, I used to get from Screwfix when they were like a quid each or something (and they are proper N95 masks). I'm guessing they are rather more difficult to find now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.