COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That just says the risk is low but the same as other public transport and that the virus can be spread in multiple ways. I think we’ll agree to disagree anyway mate, I think you’re getting enough shit from everyone else haha.
No he isn't.

Can any of you cite one case of a death caused by lack of PPE? Just one will do where the death is directly attributable to someone who should have been using PPE and didn't because there wasn't any who subsequently died.
Here you go. Gerallt Davies, well known to me and a wonderful man who passed tragically exactly because of it
"Welsh paramedic who was honoured with MBE dies after contracting coronavirus - Wales Online" https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/...es-ambulance-swansea-coronavirus-18120742.amp

this is an interesting line of argument, and one i propose is not entirely fair.

I dont think anyone can, at this time, cite direct proof that a lack of PPE actually caused someone's death. Even if you had a healthcare fatality in which that person did not wear an apron, you still cannot say not wearing that PPE was the cause of death (coronavirus was). However, there do exist co-morbidities, other drivers and variables and other factors that could facilitate the catching of the virus. This is very much like the argument regarding poverty, and whether it, itself, kills (or the myriad situations and knock on effects). I dont think there is direct proof that motorcycle helmets stop you from getting killed, as the person who dies not wearing one is already dead to test again.

I think just as people cannot cite a case of lack of PPE as an actual cause of death, you cannot claim the opposite that it is a strawman - the data is building but for now not enough is known about the various healthcare situations from around the UK and indeed around the world. I dont think there is direct proof that motorcycle helmets stop you from getting killed, as the person who dies not wearing one is already dead to test again.

some thoughts;
https://www.journalofhospitalinfection.com/article/S0195-6701(20)30101-8/fulltext
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006141
The other point is can anyone prove that CV killed those with underlying conditions.
It certainly hastened their death but was it the actual thing that eventually resulted in death? Maybe more prone to a heart attack which actually killed them.
Like with HIV, many actually died with pneumonia but their frailty was HIV catalysed.
The point is that PPE prevents the likelihood of a virus being transmitted between people, what happens when it transmits is dependant on that new persons capability to resist its potential fatal consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.