Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Premier league now talking to the government to start football again obviously the operation to get the dippers over the line is stepping up. Unreal!

I wonder what the fall out will be say if each club manages to get 4 games played than the season is stopped again for an out break of the virus withing a club. Do we think the press/media will turn on football after what can only be seen as a ploy to get liverpool over the line ?. If the season restarts IT has to be played to the finish. Personally at this moment the premier league can just F**k of I have more important things to worry about

theres barely a mention of any other club is there? its not worth watching unless you want constant updates on klipperty and Pogba

Wondered if it had registered with fans of other clubs as well as us. The current situation is illustrating that Sky is a just a platform for promoting united, liverpool and arsenal. The actual football is incidental and all the other clubs are simply there to provide a showcase for those clubs.

I wonder what the fall out will be say if each club manages to get 4 games played than the season is stopped again for an out break of the virus withing a club. Do we think the press/media will turn on football after what can only be seen as a ploy to get liverpool over the line ?. If the season restarts IT has to be played to the finish. Personally at this moment the premier league can just F**k of I have more important things to worry about
I'm with you there pal!

Funny how cricket which is easier to play given social distancing problems to overcome and smaller amount of people required to stage a game behind closed doors has already said no cricket until July 1 at the earliest. Yet football still banging on about starting soon. Unbelievable

It's an embarrassing story. COULD in the first paragraph, not WILL.

It's a punt being pushed by The Sun and Sky.

They are lobbying government because they know will be out of business if the science gets its way.

Let's wait until a player next tests positive back at training, eh?

According to the British Brainwashing Corporation having football on the television is "good for the nation."
Which is news to Mrs. Briggs as she hates football!

Good for the nation ? The way VAR is being used it was pushing me into depression along with over things, I know I was getting to upset with it all even my missus was getting worried about me. For me the break has been a god send.

Funny how cricket which is easier to play given social distancing problems to overcome and smaller amount of people required to stage a game behind closed doors has already said no cricket until July 1 at the earliest. Yet football still banging on about starting soon. Unbelievable
Just shows the people who control football up as exactly what they are. Greedy with no morals only interested in money. Can't see any scientific panel agreeing to games restarting this year. And behind closed doors is a waste of time. That isn't football for me. City should refuse to take part in any sham like that.

It's not a necessity and you can't avoid the 2m distancing rule playing football. As players are employees their clubs and the PL have a duty of care to protect them just like any other employee. You cant force players players to play and if you did it would be interesting to see what the HSE would have to say on the matter. In fact I might write to them and see what they have to say on the matter.

Wondered if it had registered with fans of other clubs as well as us. The current situation is illustrating that Sky is a just a platform for promoting united, liverpool and arsenal. The actual football is incidental and all the other clubs are simply there to provide a showcase for those clubs.
Arsenal might be stretching it? Gary Neville, Carragher and Tyler struggle to hide their glee at their supposed shortcomings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.