Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

can't be any go ahead until at least this lockdown end may 8th, so a minimum of early june for resumption, 9/10 games to get in before june30th and into loans and contract shenaningans
and that providing we meet the 5 tests the government keep banging on about

just can't see it

plus when you see the scientists and medical officers on the press conferences they are so cautious it's unreal, there's no way they are going to give any green light in the coming weeks

8th May???

Not a chance imo, we will have that extended as the 5 must happens wont be complete

Add another 3 weeks to that & we will see restrictions lifted.

June 1st is the date I expect to be back playing golf

7th May we will see the curve going down with NHS not as manic & PPE requirement met

Death rate coming down but still the reproductive value still to high & testing to be done.

Without all 5 & proof of it not starting again then June 1st more likely

8th May???

Not a chance imo, we will have that extended as the 5 must happens wont be complete

Add another 3 weeks to that & we will see restrictions lifted.

June 1st is the date I expect to be back playing golf

7th May we will see the curve going down with NHS not as manic & PPE requirement met

Death rate coming down but still the reproductive value still to high & testing to be done.

Without all 5 & proof of it not starting again then June 1st more likely

that's the earliest it could, not that it will end then, i too will be surprised if the lockdown is lifted, i actually think golf on june 1st is a bit speculative, but we'll see

Was thinking say for instance with the talk of free to air games,if they did restart,how would this work if people have sky and bt subscriptions,would they be reimbursed..
More bullshit deano being peddled by journo’s who know absolutely fuck all. Do people really think that sky/bt will just let the bbc or itv show matches that belong to them? Then having a problem with subscribers cancelling? Not a chance

Where have you seen they are restarting last I heard it was the end of August at earliest.
9th May if you scroll to the end of this report.

Edit, I'll have to repost the link!

More bullshit deano being peddled by journo’s who know absolutely fuck all. Do people really think that sky/bt will just let the bbc or itv show matches that belong to them? Then having a problem with subscribers cancelling? Not a chance
This was my thinking if and it’s a big if it does go ahead and this happens I’ll be straight onto the bank never mind sky to stop any money going out ..

I get that but the teams have started training and preparing. It's a kind of creep thing so that it becomes more difficult to say no if the the unwinding of the lockdown in Germany goes okay.

i don't think they'll be swayed by thomas muller doing a few leg stretches, like our lot they'll be giuded by the available science

Tennis and cricket are sports which could be played more safely behind closed doors than football but Wimbledon (early July) is cancelled and cricket definitely ruled out before 1 July. How anyone could contemplate having football start here by June is beyond belief

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.