Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

There is no way the Government will allow football behind closed doors.
Here is why.
So they let 50 players and staff travel to a ground to play a game where social distancing is impossible.

Then I decide if that is OK then why can't I drive 50 miles alone in my car to go and do a night session of Sea Fishing on a secluded beach where there is not a living soul within ten miles of me?

The lock down only works because the vast majority of the population are at present willing to abide by the rules.
If the greed of the Professional game is allowed to win the Government risk loosing the compliance of the population.
If 10000 people decided tomorrow to protest, in any City in the Country, that they had had enough of this lock down there is nothing the police or Authorities could do.

Whilst I am not advocating doing any of this I am sure lots of people would loose faith in what the Government are trying to do.
Just been out for a walk plenty fishing down the canal bud :+(

Tennis and cricket are sports which could be played more safely behind closed doors than football but Wimbledon (early July) is cancelled and cricket definitely ruled out before 1 July. How anyone could contemplate having football start here by June is beyond belief
i can see it going ahead because of the pure greed and selfishness of certain clubs,however and this is the good bit,it only takes one team to pull the plug by saying were not risking our players health and it all goes tits up,,''we could couldnt we'' ;-)
on another point would players get insurance for this to resume,i would think every insurance policy underwritten has covid exempt by now,so lets say Sterling gets it playing and has lung scar damage then his days as a player are done,and no pay up for him or the club

Last edited:
This is the trouble,if the gov let football or rugby or anything like that come back even behind closed doors then the public will say fuck the lockdown,we can all go out again,can't blame them,sport represents what was normal life just a few weeks ago,going down the pub or having mates round for a beer to watch it on telly goes with watching sport,it would impossible to keep large parts of the public under control

We will know in about 3 weeks i supposs

I do not think it would be a good idea for the gov,t to allow games to be played BCD and broadcast on tv. Even if players have been tested, if social distancing is still in place the bulk of the population will see this as the green light to return to normal and ignore gov,t advice. It would be the end of social distancing.

I do not think it would be a good idea for the gov,t to allow games to be played BCD and broadcast on tv. Even if players have been tested, if social distancing is still in place the bulk of the population will see this as the green light to return to normal and ignore gov,t advice. It would be the end of social distancing.

And you know for a fact the the Scouse mob will be out In their thousands when they win it.

And you know for a fact the the Scouse mob will be out In their thousands when they win it.
And here we have it in a nutshell. Imagine the PL being played to a conclusion and the scousers win it. They'll be all over the place. It just cannot and will not happen

I think they will get this season finished whatever it takes. Even if it means playing every remaining game behind closed doors and having a short season in 20/21 such as a 19 game campaign with no cups. Finishing it is the only way they can avoid a shitstorm of legal action off clubs that have lost out. Not saying I think that should happen but I think it will

Past caring about the dippers winning the league. The moments gone and it won’t mean a lot now

On the plus side we could end up with another 2 trophies.. not that I think any of us will be there to see us win them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.