Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I think they will get this season finished whatever it takes. Even if it means playing every remaining game behind closed doors and having a short season in 20/21 such as a 19 game campaign with no cups. Finishing it is the only way they can avoid a shitstorm of legal action off clubs that have lost out. Not saying I think that should happen but I think it will

Past caring about the dippers winning the league. The moments gone and it won’t mean a lot now

On the plus side we could end up with another 2 trophies.. not that I think any of us will be there to see us win them
The season will be written off. Imagine the scenario when the dippers win the league with their fans. Govt will not allow it. Legal action can be quashed. New season will start when govt deem it safe, could be end of this year, more likely next

I think they will get this season finished whatever it takes. Even if it means playing every remaining game behind closed doors and having a short season in 20/21 such as a 19 game campaign with no cups. Finishing it is the only way they can avoid a shitstorm of legal action off clubs that have lost out. Not saying I think that should happen but I think it will

Past caring about the dippers winning the league. The moments gone and it won’t mean a lot now

On the plus side we could end up with another 2 trophies.. not that I think any of us will be there to see us win them

I've never understood quotes like this! No court would even entertain something like that when a global pandemic has / is occurring. That alone would open the doors to employees taking their employers to court for loss of earnings whilst furlough. No club would even try take legal action in my eyes because of the scale of this virus.

This would go down well

Fans will still need Sky or BT packages for matches that had been scheduled for pay TV (just over half) when the Premier League returns - but many of the other games may be screened for free. [
@SunSport
]

It’s looking like pubs and restaurants won’t be allowed to open until the back end of the year, and large gatherings such as sporting events and concerts even later. Perhaps even into next year. This will also kill next season. I think the resolution may well be to finish this season off from January next year, and run with the league the league cup and the fa cup between jan and May. Thus writing next seasons league off but finishing this one.

Sounds like UEFA are pushing for a fair PPG aligned league table to declare league positions. As there is no way the games will go ahead and the final matches will actually be played, my guess is that this is what will be voted in by a majority of clubs

This season's Champions League should be carried over to a final in 2021.
This seasons qualifications should be voided if the league can't be completed. The 2020/21 season should then be used for qualification proper for 2021/22 Champions League. The whole world's taking a hit. Football shouldn't be the exception.

In Western Australia which has land space of 2.6m km2 we’ve got 16 hospital cases with 4 patients in ICU & approx 50 infections statewide.

They are hoping to restart community & state football 31st May with no confirmation. No travel between states or international travel allowed this year.

How long until UK & the rest of Europe can get figures like that when UK is still averaging 4-5k of new cases each day, it’s a joke. Between Boris & EPL & UEFA they’ve lost the plot. Surely you have to do a simple risk assessment before giving the go ahead & you can’t possibly do that whilst new infections are at that level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.