Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading that makes me feel sick to my stomach.

Nobody needs someone like that in their life, you's are better off without him, by far.
tbf I expect most posters of a certain vintage had one or more racist grandparents. It’s more how that racism manifested itself that’s more telling. Saying that about your own grandkids is reprehensible.

Yep. As they say, you can choose your friends but not your relatives.

Back in the 60's/70's phrases like that were sadly quite commonplace. There was a sitcom called 'Love Thy Neighbour' and the white protagonist was always using what we'd now call offensive words to describe his black neighbour.

Back in the 60's/70's phrases like that were sadly quite commonplace. There was a sitcom called 'Love Thy Neighbour' and the white protagonist was always using what we'd now call offensive words to describe his black neighbour.

I've always found Rudolph Walker so watchable. Very under-rated actor.

Really, I know Peter Howitt is one of em, who were the others.
Yep, Peter Howitt ( Joey ) was living in Stockport , Jonathan Morris ( Adrian) was born and bread in Congleton and Nick Campbell (Stage name Conway as some other guy got there first) Billy was from Cheadle Hulme.
Me and Rascal grew up with Nick and we are all still good mates now.

I've always found Rudolph Walker so watchable. Very under-rated actor.

Ahh, that was his name. Yes, you're right, very underrated. Was he in EastEnders for a while, too? I never watch soaps but I'm sure he was. And who was the other chap, Jack Smethurst or something?

Christ...there was some shit on tv years ago - a trend that continues to this very day.

True, but you'd have thought having mixed race grandkids would've forced you to make the generational leap and moderate your language.

Ahh, that was his name. Yes, you're right, very underrated. Was he in EastEnders for a while, too? I never watch soaps but I'm sure he was. And who was the other chap, Jack Smethurst or something?

Christ...there was some shit on tv years ago - a trend that continues to this very day.

He was in the Thin blue line with Rowan Atkinson too, he was quite funnynun it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.