COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Boris is BACK in Downing Street: PM is seen returning to work after coronavirus battle…as pressure grows on him to announce his plan to end the lockdown- daily mail headline

the only pressure I’ve seen to end the lockdown is from the media. They are obsessed with it

If we do end it early and the death tolls starts climbing they’ll soon change the headline. The government is going to be extremely unpopular whichever course of action it takes. It’s telling that Christian Drosten (German virologist and advisor on Covid to Merkel) is receiving death threats due to the state of the economy when Germany is one of the countries held up as an example everywhere else.

I agree with GDM on this one. My assessment of you during this period is one of being very vocal about the point of view you hold. Now there is nothing wrong with an opinion, but there does appear to be an inability to take on board and debate sensibly with anyone who offers an alternative point of view. Just my outlook here, take it or leave it. Not after an argument.

Gee thanks for your assessment. That means so much.

Best day worldwide for weeks. Hopefully, we'll get some rest soon, it's getting better. Will be risky when countries open though. And it was Monday, many countries underreport on Mondays, I expect more cases and deaths today unfortunately.

"Personal"? I can't imagine you mean for every 20,000 people in the country - but that's only 3,000, the same as the extra customs officers needed for a hard Brexit...

I think your math is bit wrong here. 5 on 20 000 is 250 on million x 65 mil. UK has and it's some 16 000.

"Personal"? I can't imagine you mean for every 20,000 people in the country - but that's only 3,000, the same as the extra customs officers needed for a hard Brexit...
Interesting maths you’ve got there.

65m / 20,000 = 3,250 (x5) means 16,250 contact tracers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.