Name a film that makes you cry

I haven’t seen it since I was 5 but can’t remember it being much of a rib-tickler?
My mum is half Irish and a little bit volatile. It must have been an anniversary or a birthday once during the school holidays but my dad was at work and my mum decided to cook a nice dinner and had rented The Champ from the video shop.

To keep me, my older brother and older sister out of the way, she said we could watch it in the front room whilst she was busy in the kitchen but on one condition - DO NOT tell me what happens on the film.

Anyway, we settle down and watch it. Now my siblings, Andy and Adele had a long track record of fighting like fuck whenever we were all left in a room alone. Adele usually got the upper hand. This time however, there wasn't a crossed word.

We watch the film and as it finishes, Andy is in tears at the credits because of the ending. We all go into the kitchen but Andy is trying to stay out of view of my mum. She smells a rat. "Come here Andy - why are you crying?"

"I can't tell you mum" he says.

"You'll pissing tell me what's the matter right now. Have you two been fighting again? I'll ground the pair of you if you're going to spoil a nice day."

"No mum, we haven't been fighting"

"Well something has upset you and my money is on you and Adele fighting as usual. I'll tell you what - you either tell me now why you're crying or I'll give you something to cry about." - mum threatens.

"The Champ died" says Andy.

"You stupid little bastard. I told you not to tell me what happens on the film." she bawls as she's slapping him round the earhole.

I still remind her of this whenever we have a drink together.

i am a soft arse so its a long list but includes

schindlers list
brassed off
billy elliot
Life is beautiful
inn of the sixth happiness (the scene where Burt Kwouk dies)
its a wonderful life
goodbye mr chips (donat)

My mum is half Irish and a little bit volatile. It must have been an anniversary or a birthday once during the school holidays but my dad was at work and my mum decided to cook a nice dinner and had rented The Champ from the video shop.

To keep me, my older brother and older sister out of the way, she said we could watch it in the front room whilst she was busy in the kitchen but on one condition - DO NOT tell me what happens on the film.

Anyway, we settle down and watch it. Now my siblings, Andy and Adele had a long track record of fighting like fuck whenever we were all left in a room alone. Adele usually got the upper hand. This time however, there wasn't a crossed word.

We watch the film and as it finishes, Andy is in tears at the credits because of the ending. We all go into the kitchen but Andy is trying to stay out of view of my mum. She smells a rat. "Come here Andy - why are you crying?"

"I can't tell you mum" he says.

"You'll pissing tell me what's the matter right now. Have you two been fighting again? I'll ground the pair of you if you're going to spoil a nice day."

"No mum, we haven't been fighting"

"Well something has upset you and my money is on you and Adele fighting as usual. I'll tell you what - you either tell me now why you're crying or I'll give you something to cry about." - mum threatens.

"The Champ died" says Andy.

"You stupid little bastard. I told you not to tell me what happens on the film." she bawls as she's slapping him round the earhole.

I still remind her of this whenever we have a drink together.
Haha!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.