UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Until the CAS hearing has been resolved one way or another, surely we'll be allowed to compete in the CL whenever it returns.

Think they will kick us out just so the scum can get the place because money wise they are in trouble if they don’t get champs league next season and uefa will take there chances of us going after them in the courts or not.

hihosilva That is the same question I posed on this page. However I am not 100% sure about this. I seem to remember quite a few years back it could have been a team from Italy or Spain. They were kicked out of European Comps., they appealed to CAS. If I am right the UEFA had to let them play until CAS had given its verdict. Whether this still holds I do not no.

i am struggling to see why anyone would be interested in CAS or anything to do with UEFA. even if we overturn the ban they will stitch us up somehow . they want the rags and the likes of Milan in, not us PSG etc. the comments re Atalanta were a disgrace. poor Newcastle, they wait decades to compete and now corruption knocks them. at least we got a chance to rack up some trophies . they can't take them from us. my guess is they will give it a bloody good go.

find another hobby people , football is no more.

i am struggling to see why anyone would be interested in CAS or anything to do with UEFA. even if we overturn the ban they will stitch us up somehow . they want the rags and the likes of Milan in, not us PSG etc. the comments re Atalanta were a disgrace. poor Newcastle, they wait decades to compete and now corruption knocks them. at least we got a chance to rack up some trophies . they can't take them from us. my guess is they will give it a bloody good go.

find another hobby people , football is no more.

I'd already decided this was the case for me. Fans count for nothing. The game sold its soul to greedy individuals and institutions long ago, and even those governing the game
became rich and subsequently corrupt. The very fact that fanless football now seems acceptable, show you how this cancer of greed has completely consumed the body of the supporter.

In short, it's over and can only be saved and returned to the people by mass bankruptcy and financial implosion. If that happens, then one day I may return and feel once again it's my club, but in the meantime MCFC, like almost all the other top teams, is a branding exercise to earn money for blood sucking owners, media, agents and players and frankly they are welcome to it.

I'd already decided this was the case for me. Fans count for nothing. The game sold its soul to greedy individuals and institutions long ago, and even those governing the game
became rich and subsequently corrupt. The very fact that fanless football now seems acceptable, show you how this cancer of greed has completely consumed the body of the supporter.

In short, it's over and can only be saved and returned to the people by mass bankruptcy and financial implosion. If that happens, then one day I may return and feel once again it's my club, but in the meantime MCFC, like almost all the other top teams, is a branding exercise to earn money for blood sucking owners, media, agents and players and frankly they are welcome to it.

Whilst I think your being a little extreme, I get closer to your view with every passing day.
There should be enough money within football and certainly premier league to weather the storm however mismanagement, overspending, putting clubs in debt has all been done on the back of the TV rights money tree, however the leaves will soon begin to fall.
I can see football playing a full season with no or very reduced numbers of fans. Atmosphere will be gone, priorities changed and sadly fans interest will go. Even when we’re told it’s ok to go, how many are going to queue to get in, sit and leave with another 50000 people. Attendances will fall, as will match day income. There is a big shake up coming for football and the attitude of taking fans for granted may well come back and bite them on its arse. It pains me to say it.

What are thoughts on UEFA handing our CL spot to the red pricks from Stretford even if our case hasn’t been heard by CAS?
Let them have it.

Scum getting into the champions league due to some arbitrary ruling will feel as hollow to their players and fans as Liverpool* would feel if the F.A. and the Premier League were to hand them the title.

If you can't achieve these victories through your own volition then not only do you not deserve them they mean absolutely nothing to professional athletes and discerning fans.

Our players are well paid, but our owners take not a penny. Indeed, they keep being accused of giving us money. Irony.

I'm more focused on whether Pep still has the appetite to continue in management, than these twats at Uefa.

He has suffered a tremendous personal loss. Reports of him speaking to players and contemplating others is just so well wide of the mark.

He is completely off the grid and, much as he had every intention of seeing out the final year of his contract, my fear is he might yet contemplate knocking it on the head at the end of this current campaign, should it ever resume?

Pep has all the money in the world for ten lifetimes. It cannot be ruled out that he just doesn't have it in him to hear of us continually having to fight fires.

City would give him all the time he needs, but they would also not stand in his way.

I'm more focused on whether Pep still has the appetite to continue in management, than these twats at Uefa.

He has suffered a tremendous personal loss. Reports of him speaking to players and contemplating others is just so well wide of the mark.

He is completely off the grid and, much as he had every intention of seeing out the final year of his contract, my fear is he might yet contemplate knocking it on the head at the end of this current campaign, should it ever resume?

Pep has all the money in the world for ten lifetimes. It cannot be ruled out that he just doesn't have it in him to hear of us continually having to fight fires.

City would give him all the time he needs, but they would also not stand in his way.

I thing Pep can see the injustice aimed at this club. I see him digging in his heals, to help the club, just like we should all do. We need to be louder about what's going on and the cartel running football. The club cant do it do to ongoing legal case, so we the fans should, i.e. write to your MP ext. get questions asked in parliament when its back open, regarding fair competition law ext. Ask why it is illegal to invest money into football and the local community. Ask why the so called fair play rules allow you to go millions into dept risking the existence of the clubs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.