47000 my arse!

I was there on the Kippax that day. 47,000 is laughable. We had to move from the main singing section next to the handful of Charlton fans as it was so full.

Saw Spear Of Destiny at the Apollo that evening. Then MOTD. Great day.

Anyone remember someone had/played a trombone or summert similar at the back of the kippax ?

i heard it several times during the game

only time i went on the pitch at Maine Road after the game.

Anyone remember someone had/played a trombone or summert similar at the back of the kippax ?

i heard it several times during the game

only time i went on the pitch at Maine Road after the game.
Not sure if it was this game or not but I remember someone playing the theme from the vikings movie over and over on trombone or trumpet. This was the only match I ever felt unsafe in the Kippax. I remember a crowd surge that knocked me down. I could have been in trouble but a couple of blokes managed to pull me up back onto my feet.

I'm pretty sure City fans sang YNWA way before Liverpool fans did. Think i might have seen this in one of @Gary James books?
I don't think we did it before LFC but, like all teams, we used to sing it often in 60s/70s/80s before it became 'dirty Scouse song' or words altered to insult LFC. There's great film, which we've shown at the film shows I've done with the North West Film Archive, of City fans singing it at the 1969 & 1976 homecomings.

Not sure if it was this game or not but I remember someone playing the theme from the vikings movie over and over on trombone or trumpet. This was the only match I ever felt unsafe in the Kippax. I remember a crowd surge that knocked me down. I could have been in trouble but a couple of blokes managed to pull me up back onto my feet.
I remember someone using a viking style horn for the Viking Call at Oldham and other grounds in 1983-85.

I don't think we did it before LFC but, like all teams, we used to sing it often in 60s/70s/80s before it became 'dirty Scouse song' or words altered to insult LFC. There's great film, which we've shown at the film shows I've done with the North West Film Archive, of City fans singing it at the 1969 & 1976 homecomings.

Great day. We have had some brilliant moments watching this club. Didn’t matter what division. What a rollercoaster ride it’s been.
Apart from the day of relegation which was always gutting, I’ve never minded what division we were in. Often enjoying the next season in the division below much more than the previous season’s struggle in the division above!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.