UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
hihosilva That is the same question I posed on this page. However I am not 100% sure about this. I seem to remember quite a few years back it could have been a team from Italy or Spain. They were kicked out of European Comps., they appealed to CAS. If I am right the UEFA had to let them play until CAS had given its verdict. Whether this still holds I do not no.

Go on you have tempted me. Why did you start the post;
Hi ho silva
Was it a reference to your favourite tv programme?
I watched it too.

I thing Pep can see the injustice aimed at this club. I see him digging in his heals, to help the club, just like we should all do.

But I think the point is that he might just want to fuck it off and that's completely understandable. His mum's died during a global pandemic and now he's supposed to go back and face a complete div in his squad who would rather prioritise paying for a shag than being sensible and responsible. He knows once the football starts again then he's yet again got to face the mouth breathing twats in the press with the same bullshit questions countless times a week. He's potentially going into his last season with his team facing a ban in European football's biggest competition.

It's all so fucking tedious and, when put into perspective, totally unimportant but still must drain him of so much energy.

He has no obligation outside of his current contract to put up with all the bullshit and if he was to decide he wanted to retire on the spot then I wouldn't blame him one bit. He doesn't need the money and he doesn't need the hassle and I can guarantee you that he'd see it as a disservice to us to stay on when he's not totally and utterly committed and focused.

Who knows? It's unlikely that he does back out but I would totally understand if he did.

I'd already decided this was the case for me. Fans count for nothing. The game sold its soul to greedy individuals and institutions long ago, and even those governing the game
became rich and subsequently corrupt. The very fact that fanless football now seems acceptable, show you how this cancer of greed has completely consumed the body of the supporter.

In short, it's over and can only be saved and returned to the people by mass bankruptcy and financial implosion. If that happens, then one day I may return and feel once again it's my club, but in the meantime MCFC, like almost all the other top teams, is a branding exercise to earn money for blood sucking owners, media, agents and players and frankly they are welcome to it.
I'm the complete opposite. Fucking love going to watch City; the day out, the laughs, the pints, being with my boy, meeting up with my dad. Absolutely love it. City are welcome to my £ every year.

I'm more focused on whether Pep still has the appetite to continue in management, than these twats at Uefa.

He has suffered a tremendous personal loss. Reports of him speaking to players and contemplating others is just so well wide of the mark.

He is completely off the grid and, much as he had every intention of seeing out the final year of his contract, my fear is he might yet contemplate knocking it on the head at the end of this current campaign, should it ever resume?

Pep has all the money in the world for ten lifetimes. It cannot be ruled out that he just doesn't have it in him to hear of us continually having to fight fires.

City would give him all the time he needs, but they would also not stand in his way.
I think this could go either way. The loss of his mum could encourage him to prioritise his family more and take a complete break from football. Or the physical break forced by this virus may re-invigorate his desire to win the Champs League with City. People react in different ways to bereavements. These sort of situations always make you reflect and re-evaluate you life one way or another. The Covid 19 crisis will make a lot of people consider their futures, not just Pep.

I think this could go either way. The loss of his mum could encourage him to prioritise his family more and take a complete break from football. Or the physical break forced by this virus may re-invigorate his desire to win the Champs League with City. People react in different ways to bereavements. These sort of situations always make you reflect and re-evaluate you life one way or another. The Covid 19 crisis will make a lot of people consider their futures, not just Pep.
I really hope Pep sees out his contract and has the burning desire to win trophies again. However, family is more important than football and I will completely understand if he feels he needs a break/sabbatical from the sport. He has given City everything and let's hope there is more to come, but I will respect his decision, whatever that is.

I really hope Pep sees out his contract and has the burning desire to win trophies again. However, family is more important than football and I will completely understand if he feels he needs a break/sabbatical from the sport. He has given City everything and let's hope there is more to come, but I will respect his decision, whatever that is.
hes in a different financial situation than most but from a personal point of view when I lost both parents it was work that kept my mind off things.i think routine is good for people as many start wallowing in misery if left with too much time to think.every one deals with it differently so we"ll have to wait and see how it affects him personally.ive a feeling pep is the type to throw himself back into it.

We also know Pep has his daughters living back in Barcelona with their mother, there was already a family disconnect before the passing of his own mother.

She is his first parent to pass and Pep is still a relatively young man of 49, four years older me, I certainly don't know how I will feel when one day the sad reality happens for my own parents.

I am certain Pep is up for the fight of another season and he is a man of absolute integrity.

However, a culmination of events that nobody could have forseen have all come at once - on and off the field.

I have been going to the football since the age of three with my dad but my appetite and sheer apathy for the game has never been lower, even when factored I must also try and earn a living from it.

Most people who have ever known me will define me as City daft but a man who always put his family first.

If you are Pep Guardiola, with everything that entails, plus the money to do everything on your own terms, he must surely have questioned whether the time might be right to take stock?

My admiration will be huge if he returns re-energised and up for the long-term job of keeping us at the forefront of the game.

But if he wants to cash his chips in, it wouldn't be as a big a shock as it would have been just three months ago.

My admiration would remain the same.

Last edited:
Let us end this defeatist nonsense that UEFA and the cartel will find a way to ban us whatever happens. There is no doubt they would love to be able to do this and they've given it a go and some of our posters give the impression that they actually love being the victims of a massive conspiracy; it's almost the perfect excuse for failure! And yet the one thing our club doesn't do now is fail. Not since 2008. And already the club has shown UEFA that if we are to be banned it will only be after the case has gone through every court in Europe and been found lawful. The chances of that do not seem at all good and whereas some fans harp on about our weakness, about what a soft touch we are, UEFA and the cartel worry about our strength. Whereas some are at panic stations because our earlier appeal to CAS was not upheld, UEFA are fully aware that it was found to be "not without some merit", that Cas found "worrisome" that concerns about leaks from the IC could be dismissed without even cursory examination and that the grounds of the appeal may be reconsidered in the light of the AC's decision. Then there is City's claim that the club's "overwhelming evidence" that it had not breached FFP was not even considered, while we do not even know what evidence, if any, UEFA has. "They must have some or they wouldn't be pushing it.." is not an argument and doesn't fit UEFA's performance in the Bosman case, which they took all the way on the ludicrous case that footballers' contracts are no business of the courts because UEFA are the governing body of European football and decide what goes. Try that one again lads. UEFA's process was secretive and hardly constitutes due process and City are right to be optimistic that the appeal will be upheld if only on procedural grounds. But City have many, many more strings to their bow than procedural grounds. So cheer up and let's enjoy the sight of UEFA trying to decide who qualifies fo
I'd like to like this post BSHR, but although I agree with what you are saying what yo have done is highlight the problem or conundrum for a lot more than myself, I would think.
I'm at the stage where the problem is the genie is well and truly out of the bottle regarding professional football. Stuff we always knew was going on, but just like Trump in America, it's not even hidden anymore. I want not only UEFA reformed but the powers behind it aka G14 ripped a new one. Maybe it'll be different when football actually starts again, but currently I don't think I have n interest in watching either the conclusion of this year's fake league, or us participating in any of UEFA's competitions again, until we have destroyed them.

That's not football. I shouldn't feel like that about the sport I played and supported all my life.
I don't like the ambivalence I am feeling towards City playing in their charade.

The damage is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.