Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

You, ahem, they lost their last home game.

Just to be a pendant - they have lost four of their last six games if memory serves me right ;)

It would have been five but West Ham bottled it at 2-1 with 20 minutes to go and another dodgy keeper!

The dippers had well and truly hit a brick wall and their defence was leaking like a sieve.

Whatever solution they come up with will be shit. Liverpool have won every home game this season and haven't lost at home in 2 years. Its stands to reason they will be more likely to lose at home in these conditions than with fans. I also think they are less likely to get the beat City's records in those conditions.

Arsenal will benefit from playing City and Spurs in empty stadiums, while they have Liverpool and Leicester in an empty home stadium, most teams have 9 games left, some will have 4 home games and others 5. City having 6 is unfortunate and for me they are the only obvious losers in this all be it with little to play for.

Its swings and roundabouts, next season will be probably be the same, I can see at least half of it being behind closed doors, again some teams will have an advantage and others won't. You weigh that up against the prospect of no football for a year or more and decide what you think is right. I don't think there is a right answer, people wanting football back are just as right as those that don't want it back without fans. Personally I'm gagging for a game of ball, if it's in the local park or on telly I'll be all over it.

Spurs fan my arse!

I don't disagree but this is increasingly looking something that is not going to go away in 3/6 or even 12 months so at some point people and life will have to resume to a certain extent. I'm sure other sports like boxing and tennis will also resume in a few months but without crowds too.

Yep it’s looking like sport will return in some capacity with no fans seems the government think that too! So seems sport is going to become essential like the nhs workers teachers delivery people, while the rest of us who are not in that bracket abide by the Coronavirus rules.

Out of curiosity, how long does the testing take?, surely every player, staff and officials would need to be cleared 2 hours before kick off at least wouldn’t they?, what I’m saying is, if say tested on Friday and ok, what’s to say they can’t contact it overnight or in the morning, just can not see how they can possibly play games with 100% safety

BBC breakfast time announces that Arsenal are the latest club to resume individual training for 'Operation Restart' and showing a Merc jeep going into somewhere and then an aerial pic of an immaculately mown field with some guy running between cones and nopne else visible for 2 miles let alone 2 metres.
Then a clip of the Watford CEO talking common sense about the dangers of rushing back and that lives are more important than football.
Even Silly Sally was a bit subdued and not pushing her usual wish to restart soon. Mind you she did follow an impressive doctor on the previous clip who was warning of undoing all the previous good work in slowing the disease down.
'fools rush in#' needs to be the new slogan for the PL and those trying to get a quick restart.

Out of curiosity, how long does the testing take?, surely every player, staff and officials would need to be cleared 2 hours before kick off at least wouldn’t they?, what I’m saying is, if say tested on Friday and ok, what’s to say they can’t contact it overnight or in the morning, just can not see how they can possibly play games with 100% safety

You can be tested and have a negative result but still have the virus because the test is not good enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.