What was the best looking fighter and bomber of WW2?

You should get yourself to RIAT if you havent been, sadly not this year of course but I expect a very spectacular show next year as it is the 50th anniversary show.
I hope to be there next year mate.
Give me a shout I'll buy you a pint, all being well.

Yeah I edited post, about opening engines up, and thought about removing the afterburners... as I don’t remember seeing them... but it was bloody loud!

To be fair there was a Vulcan with afterburners, they just stuck reheat on the Olympus engines puts some seats in it , gave it a pointy nose, and let the French design the lock on the bog door. it was called Concorde.

I hope to be there next year mate.
Give me a shout I'll buy you a pint, all being well.

Gladly, I will be there on the Navy Wings stall, Where I was dragged kicking and screaming when the Vulcan was grounded. It really will be a shit summer without the shows this year...and you watch the weather be glorious when RIAT should be in July.

Such a refreshing thread after being in the Political Covid19 thread, this should be extended maybe favourite modern day Aircraft, Aircraft we have been in, in whatever guise, aircraft seen in awe or indeed Rotary which has came to my rescue on numerous occasions.
I hijacked the thread with my modern fave sos.
I always wanted to be a pilot from a very early age. I joined the air cadets and flew several times. I applied to join the raf but I wasn't brainy enough to fly fast jets which is what I wanted to do. I was accepted as a potential navigator but I turned it down and pursued my career in engineering. I've worked on some interesting projects. Sa 80 556 rifle amongst other things. I now work on jet engines and parts for milatary aircraft.
I've been lucky but I always wanted to fly
Gladly, I will be there on the Navy Wings stall, Where I was dragged kicking and screaming when the Vulcan was grounded. It really will be a shit summer without the shows this year...and you watch the weather be glorious when RIAT should be in July.
It would be a pleasure to meet you sir.
Happier times ahead for all of us I hope.

I've worked on some interesting projects. Sa 80 556 rifle.
What’s the story with why it took till the 2nd release to be good? Iirc.
Lots of minor things to be fixed?
Rushed?
Delayed?
Not tested in a Wide enough range of real environments?

What’s the story with why it took till the 2nd release to be good? Iirc.
Lots of minor things to be fixed?
Rushed?
Delayed?
Not tested in a Wide enough range of real environments?
To sum up, idiots like me working on it lol.
I had no clue about weapons when I was assigned to the job. I learnt as I went along.
The fucking thing just jammed all the time. I helped re design the magazine. The spring was far too weak. It was rushed into production that is correct. The ammunition though was perfect.

Post war.
Fighter = English Electric Lighting

One of the few planes that can fly straight up.

Bomber = The Vulcan.
It was fucking noisy living in the vicinity of Woodford Areodome where they were made and had major overhauls till the mid 70s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.