UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Effectively the end of the Premier League as well. It would mean that it will be won by the same teams every year by virtue of the CL money and the only interest would be who gets relegated.

Effectively the end of the Premier League as well. It would mean that it will be won by the same teams every year by virtue of the CL money and the only interest would be who gets relegated.
Exactly the scenario which was intended when they dreamt up ffp.
They can maybe now envisage the idea that ffp could be successfully challenged in the courts, and dismissed as contrary to the laws of Europe, so... what to do....what to do!?!?
That’s right- invent a whole new set of rules to guarantee that the old cartel clubs can still have their old superiority set in stone!
As you were chaps - trebles all round!!

There wouldn’t be any interest at all. A sterile League self perpetuating. If qualification was based on UEFA coefficients, how would anyone but the teams in it ever qualify?

It would never work. The teams would get too flabby and the fans and sponsors would walk.

Oh well, at least the coronavirus has been good for one person in football.

Franz Beckenbauer: Trial of German football legend on corruption charges ends without verdict

The trial of German football legend Franz Beckenbauer on corruption charges has been ended without a verdict.

The five-year long trial, held in Switzerland, had been suspended because of the coronavirus pandemic and the statute of limitations has now expired.

Beckenbauer was one of four men investigated over suspected corruption linked to the 2006 World Cup.

No doubt we can expect a thorough investigation into the Qatar and Russia World Cups 14 years and 11 months after those decisions were made.

If it’s true that UEFA are planning to use the years 2020-2024 to control future Champions League participation I think it will be very useful for our CAS appeal. Effectively that is moving the goalposts, it may give us additional grounds under the concept of legitimate expectations. Instead of a 2 year ban it could in effect ban us permanently from the Champions League from 2025. The punishment has suddenly gone beyond anything meted out to any other team.

So that UEFA will know that life is more important than any of their poxy rules. I would airlift all their governing boards straight to some remote island somewhere in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Somewhere near New Zealand would be nice. I would make sure that they would be able to have enough food and water for 6mths, along with and ample supply of fishing rods to improve their diet.

They would not be able to get in touch with their families, just so they know what it is like for those people who cannot see their own families because of the coronavirus. Maybe then they will se just how important life is than any poxy game of football.
Is that a softening of your stance. Six months food and water is very generous.
personally I would put them on an iceberg with no food and water.
But I would let them take money to buy food and water.

So that UEFA will know that life is more important than any of their poxy rules. I would airlift all their governing boards straight to some remote island somewhere in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Somewhere near New Zealand would be nice. I would make sure that they would be able to have enough food and water for 6mths, along with and ample supply of fishing rods to improve their diet.

They would not be able to get in touch with their families, just so they know what it is like for those people who cannot see their own families because of the coronavirus. Maybe then they will se just how important life is than any poxy game of football.

Bugger off- we don't want them round here thank you very much

If it’s true that UEFA are planning to use the years 2020-2024 to control future Champions League participation I think it will be very useful for our CAS appeal. Effectively that is moving the goalposts, it may give us additional grounds under the concept of legitimate expectations. Instead of a 2 year ban it could in effect ban us permanently from the Champions League from 2025. The punishment has suddenly gone beyond anything meted out to any other team.
I thought (and I could be wrong) that the doctrine of legitimate expectation only applies to public law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.