Newcastle United takeover?

Wouldn't put it past Ashley to be trying to squeeze a few more million out of the Saudis by inventing competition.

Wasn't that how he lost out to Sheikh Mansour ? I do not know if it is true but people say when the Sheikh was looking for a club Cashley was approached and thinking they were novices and he could blag them he asked for stupid money...…………… and the rest is history.
If he tries to blag this lot they will walk away and he will miss out on a brilliant payday.

Nah, I am calling bullshit on whoever has started that rumour. Whilst it hasn't gone too far in legal terms, it is merely waiting Premier league approval and Cashley will not pull out now and risk losing everything.

He won’t lose everything he will be 15m up and still own Newcastle

Wasn't that how he lost out to Sheikh Mansour ? I do not know if it is true but people say when the Sheikh was looking for a club Cashley was approached and thinking they were novices and he could blag them he asked for stupid money...…………… and the rest is history.
If he tries to blag this lot they will walk away and he will miss out on a brilliant payday.
Could well be history repeating.

Wouldn't put it past Ashley to be trying to squeeze a few more million out of the Saudis by inventing competition.
That was my immediate feeling when I saw this story. I don’t have inside info on Ashley’s business practices but everything I have read about him indicates he is behind this latest rumour. It’s all a bit too convenient - you wait months for an offer then two come along within few days !

Is it hypocritical to want this move to be blocked because of that True Geordie git?

I couldn't help but watch his latest takeover debate. He's beyond giddy about it and seems to have forgotten about the FFP rules he was championing not too long ago. Soon enough, if he didn't believe what others were telling him about the true aim of FFP, he will learn all about that, if the buyout goes ahead. The draw bridge was up ages ago, City only just beat it and the cartel still don't want to accept they've been beaten.

Newcastles takeover is being hijacked by politics, the aggrieved parties are asking that the Saudis are told they can't buy a club because they are not very nice people. Why have these people even got a voice in our concerns?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.