The future of pubs post COVID

I miss the boozer. It’s a bit of a shithole and it doesn’t sell food but it’s good for catching up socially. My beer intake has fallen off a cliff this last month or so, can’t seem to sup more than 3 pints at home, be 4 x that in the pub. Saved a few quid tho.

Pricing really needs looking at and bring back smoking
What they need to do is provide proper smoking areas too many pubs killed the smoking drinkers (no pun) by making them stand outside the entrances which is not only shit for smokers but puts others off actually going inside.

Wetherspoons is everything wrong with this country in a pubchain.
I personally, along with a few million others love them. Order from your table, good beer on tap, quick service, food that’s consistent across the country ala other popular chains. Can’t wait for them to reopen!

Completely get it’s not for everyone but the world would be a boring place if it was PLUS if everyone else loved Spoons, I may have to wait longer at my table for me beer which really isn’t acceptable.

Probably biggest obstacle is the toilet use in all pubs/clubs, no need to expand but not easy to overcome.

I personally, along with a few million others love them. Order from your table, good beer on tap, quick service, food that’s consistent across the country ala other popular chains. Can’t wait for them to reopen!

Completely get it’s not for everyone but the world would be a boring place if it was PLUS if everyone else loved Spoons, I may have to wait longer at my table for me beer which really isn’t acceptable.
I am 100% with you as regards to Wetherspoons Tiny.
No other pubs offer the same deals as they do,and these are my particular favourites.
1- A free drink (alcohol or soft drink included in a large selection of their meals).
So most pubs charge £15 for 2 meals plus additional £6 for 2 drinks = £21.
Spoons price is £15.
2- All spirit doubles are an extra £1 and mixers are ALL free.
So most pubs charge £3 + £3 + £1 = £7 for a double bourbon & dry.
Spoons price is £4.
3- 3 x small plates for @ £10.50. Enough to feed 2/3 people.
4- Loads of multiple choice mix and match deals. I particularly like Sambucca,which is a bit expensive @ £3.10 a shot,but they do a deal at 3 shots for £5. No other pubs do that.
5- Loads of breakfast deals that range from £3 - £5.50. I enjoy their variation of Eggs Benedict ,called Miners Benedict,which uses black pudding in lieu of ham. Lovely.(Oh and they are open at 8.0 am for breakfast,not many other pubs are).
6_ Last and not least they are the only pub where you can buy a coffee for £1-35, and then have as many refills as you want. Try doing that in Costa or Starbucks. My record is the 1 paid for coffee followed by 4 free refills. Remarkable value for money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.