COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a related note, the suggestion of leaving the middle seat empty, is a joke anyway isn't it. What about the bloke in the seat behind you coughing away? They are far closer than 2m.

To be even vaguely sensible they would need to keep every 2nd row free:

Person - Empty - Person
Empty - Empty - Empty
Person - Empty - Person
Empty - Empty - Empty

Etc

I.e. flying at 16% occupancy. I can't see that ever being profitable nor operated by any airline.
It's not just airlines though, if the intended policy is to keep some form of social distancing post-lockdown then it will be 16% of capacity on buses, trains, tube etc. How can that be practical once tens of millions are heading to and from work each day?

It's not just airlines though, if the intended policy is to keep some form of social distancing post-lockdown then it will be 16% of capacity on buses, trains, tube etc. How can that be practical once tens of millions are heading to and from work each day?

My schoolboy error is that 2 people in 6 is er 33% occupancy not 16%. (Doh! I was thinking 1 person in 6!)

Anyway, yes your point stands.

Cant ever see it happening on the tube. In my experience they can’t even drive their cars 2 mtrs apart down there.

Been around for a couple of weeks as I said last week after people I know had been tested at a private clinic in town. Obviously got shot down by the usual Bluemoon professionals but glad it's finally been approved. Like I said testing for IgM and IgG, doctors were pretty confident that by testing positive for the antibodies you will have at least short term immunity.

£100 quid a pop by the people you mentioned is not cheap.... assuming it wasn't a scam.

Given devolution id say plenty with individual parliaments mate.

Right now i see no different a picture here in Scotland than i do elsewhere in the UK.

The SNP are in charge of our NHS and our Care Homes and our PPE and the exact same issues and numbers passing away as a percentage of population is sadly happening.

The buck cant be put at Westminster's feet every time its bad.
I'm not putting the buck at anyones feet. I just want to know factually who does what. Whilst the individual governments may well be responsible for oversight and government, they are almost certainly not for the detailed production of plans.

The only real difference in Scotland is that the daily press sessions have been better handled and Sturgeon is more believable in terms of empathy and compassion. Other than that I agree with you. Its worth noting though that when you break the UK curve down into areas of England and the three other countries, there are very different experiences.

I fear you are right.

You cant cure every virus or disease and sadly, people will die.

The sudden demand for politicians to be able to is fanciful and based on nothing!

Only science will do it and science is telling us we are years away at best if ever.
What science is telling us we are 'years away at best if ever"?

Face masks on all LH flights is the way they hope to be able to operate. You're right about occupancy. We use the term load factor and below about 70% we will be loosing money on most aircraft types.

Yeah I suspect masks will be the go-to option rather than leaving seats empty. I've not heard of any social distancing rules for the passengers on the aircraft flying into the UK at the moment (could be wrong with that) so I'd be surprised if, when the lockdown eases, they'll start applying stricter rules to the airline industry.

Those looking for a vaccine.

It isn't happening anytime soon, if ever.

Scientists at Oxford University have begun clinical trials of a coronavirus vaccine that has shown promise in rhesus monkeys, according to news reports.

If the vaccine can effectively protect humans against the novel coronavirus, known as SARS-CoV-2, the first doses could potentially be administered by the autumn, according to the official trial's web page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.