UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang in there mate. The world is changing. Every empire crumbles in the end and what you are seeing here are the death-throes of the one created by the G14. The CAS hearing is really only a part of the story whether we win or not.
I hadn’t looked at it like that before regarding our appeal. There can’t be football (with a crowd) until we get a vaccine and importantly deliver it. That, in my opinion, wipes out football in 2020. UEFA and some of the G14, even if they survive, will be severely weakened. Could be years before some clubs, if they survive at all, get back to anything like pre Covid-19. Renders a 2 year ban less damaging.

Hang in there mate. The world is changing. Every empire crumbles in the end and what you are seeing here are the death-throes of the one created by the G14. The CAS hearing is really only a part of the story whether we win or not.

Couldn't agree more. The growth of CFG has passed almost unnoticed by those at UEFA and our rivals, the investment of important Chinese and American interests and the potential growth of a global entertainment/sports conglomerate of immense wealth. It is also noticeable that the richest clubs in the PL are no longer the 'istree boys and their American owners but are City, Leicester, Wolves, Sheffield United and, now, Newcastle all of whose owners are SE Asian or Middle Eastern. Leicester and Wolves told the football League where they could put their FFPs when promotion was involved, City are facing trumped up charges to try and stop us and none of these clubs are going to see the American franchise holders kept at the top by a set of bent rules and co-opted officials. Even in Germany there are rich owners waiting for the opportunity to invest in "unfashionable" clubs (like Hamburg!). And an alliance of sticky fingered Yanks, Francoists, smugglers, tax dodgers, match fixers and a rif raf of bung takers thinks it can emerge from the present crisis ready to tell everyone else that they can still "only spend what they earn". I don't think too many will jump to attention, salute and chorus "Yes, Mr Gill, sir."

Couldn't agree more. The growth of CFG has passed almost unnoticed by those at UEFA and our rivals, the investment of important Chinese and American interests and the potential growth of a global entertainment/sports conglomerate of immense wealth. It is also noticeable that the richest clubs in the PL are no longer the 'istree boys and their American owners but are City, Leicester, Wolves, Sheffield United and, now, Newcastle all of whose owners are SE Asian or Middle Eastern. Leicester and Wolves told the football League where they could put their FFPs when promotion was involved, City are facing trumped up charges to try and stop us and none of these clubs are going to see the American franchise holders kept at the top by a set of bent rules and co-opted officials. Even in Germany there are rich owners waiting for the opportunity to invest in "unfashionable" clubs (like Hamburg!). And an alliance of sticky fingered Yanks, Francoists, smugglers, tax dodgers, match fixers and a rif raf of bung takers thinks it can emerge from the present crisis ready to tell everyone else that they can still "only spend what they earn". I don't think too many will jump to attention, salute and chorus "Yes, Mr Gill, sir."

I also think FIFA are are wild card in all this. This is a chance for them to take control back from the history clubs, and their front organisation UEFA, through an alliance with the emerging clubs you mention across Europe and, indeed, the world if they are bold enough.

If these proposals for the champions league come to pass I won’t be attending
We won't be anywhere near it for you to attend. 2 years out, no seeding, no ability to attract the players we need to win the league to get back in and then a low pot number to ensure the groups of death all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.