The future of pubs post COVID

Well the multi millionaire who owns it never gave a fuck about them. As others have said shite pre cooked bagged food. Wouldn't give it to my dog.
They will still employ thousands of people again when they reopen, would you rather they stayed unemployed ?

I'm not a great fan of wetherspoons, and certainly not the prick who owns it, and I use them about as often as use macdonalds or the old trafford superstore, but they all offer valuable employment for people who otherwise wouldn't be working.

I can't stand the snobbishness towards Spoons. (I don't agree with what the owner did regarding furlough)

I'm not speaking for myself here but not everybody can afford to pay £5.50 a pint and £14,50 for fish and chips which all adds up if you are taking a family out. A lot of people are on a tight budget, restricted pension and spoons makes eating/drinking out affordable for everybody.

Whilst some of spoons pubs could do with a lick of paint, the offering of ale is usually pretty strong.

They will still employ thousands of people again when they reopen, would you rather they stayed unemployed ?

I'm not a great fan of wetherspoons, and certainly not the prick who owns it, and I use them about as often as use macdonalds or the old trafford superstore, but they all offer valuable employment for people who otherwise wouldn't be working.
What Tim Martin actually said to his employees was that if they wanted to get another job was to go to Tesco as they were in need of a lot of new employees,and he (Wetherspoons) would not be able to guarantee them a job as his business was being closed on government orders.(This was before the government furlough offers).
He then went on to say that as soon as he was allowed to re-open he would offer all those who had left Spoons their jobs back as he would need experienced staff to continue to run his business in future.
Hardly the words of a cold hearted and un-caring employer.
But as we have said about umpteen press stories (and Bluemoon threads) why let the truth get in the way of a clickbait story.

Last edited:
Multi multi millionaire makes taxpayer pay staff and its all OK. Fuckin no morals.
See you are doing it again. His business was forced to close so he advised staff to get other jobs,until he was in a position to re-employ those staff again.
Talk about "There are non so blind as those that will not see".
By all accounts Wetherspoons are a good company to work for,I think 1 or 2 on here have worked for them in the past.

The Wetherspoons on an away day are a godsend.
Good choice of beers good cheap food.
The Beaton Docket in Crincklewood is brilliant for the Wembley games.

That always comes to mind when “boycotts “ are muted , what happens to the people who lose employment when trade declines because of a boycott.

I can't stand the snobbishness towards Spoons. (I don't agree with what the owner did regarding furlough)

I'm not speaking for myself here but not everybody can afford to pay £5.50 a pint and £14,50 for fish and chips which all adds up if you are taking a family out. A lot of people are on a tight budget, restricted pension and spoons makes eating/drinking out affordable for everybody.

Whilst some of spoons pubs could do with a lick of paint, the offering of ale is usually pretty strong.
Bang on the money , some of them are shit holes , but a lot of them are decent . The range of beers good . Pre match between £2.50 /£3 a pint or £5 a pint in other city centre boozers .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.