Films that were acclaimed that are actually rubbish

Any film that isnt historically accurate. I've no problem showing a story against a historical background but FFS dont change major historical facts...
Pearl Harbor - WTF.
Titanic - Many facts of the sinking are just wrong.
300 - Oh dear.
The Patriot - OMG
Braveheart - Oh fucking dear.
U-571 - possibly the worst movie reinagining of all time.
The Last Samurai - a nice movie but its historical bollox.

Even the otherwise excellent Sound of Music fails to some degree. They went home and simply crossed the railway line outside their house and walked into Italy. If they'd crossed the Alps they'd have gone into Germany.
Harsh on the Sound of music , lots of things were changed to suit the film , they were married ten years earlier & there were 10 children , it all worked to make one of the best films ever made .
They actually caught the train to Italy the day before the borders were closed .

Just because something isn't as good as they made it out to be doesn't mean it was rubbish.

Yeah but the ones mentionaed mainly are
Some of them may not have been great but very few of them could be considered truly rubbish. Most were still good, just overrated. I didn't think Forrest Gump was great, but it wasn't rubbish. Same with The Deer Hunter, Shawshank, Titanic....

Truly rubbish films don't get acclaim. You want rubbish go watch Cats, Max Payne, or Lesbian Vampire Killers.

Avatar was a good looking film but it was only fern gully in disguise, after all the hype it got it wasn't up to much.

Taxi Driver gets a mention too, De Niro is brilliant but this film didn't do it for me.

Some of them may not have been great but very few of them could be considered truly rubbish. Most were still good, just overrated. I didn't think Forrest Gump was great, but it wasn't rubbish. Same with The Deer Hunter, Shawshank, Titanic....

Truly rubbish films don't get acclaim. You want rubbish go watch Cats, Max Payne, or Lesbian Vampire Killers.

I would put Forrest gump and the deer hunter as as unwatchable or engaging as max payne and LVK, not seem cats.

So yeah rubbish

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.