Will the country be a nicer place when this is over?

Noticed people letting on on my walks more.

Never spoke to neighbours so much.

People being open and honest about mental health.

People being less materialistic.

Families doing things like bike rides more and gardening.

It has also been a real leveller for poor and rich.

Will this change society for the good for ever?

Nice to see you back, you **** ;-)

Short answer to your question sadly is no.

When the dust settles there going to be winners but much more losers out of this situation and an increase in poverty and inequality. I think people will inhabit their own bubbles more.

I have a small business and have been shut for the last six weeks and have lost several Grand as a result.
Have applied to local council for £10000 Grant over two weeks ago and haven't heard a thing.
The thing is I pay my business rates as part of my rent on the shop and this is the issue as I know people who rent little lock ups and got it paid within 3 days.
Anyone in same boat.
:(

I have a small business and have been shut for the last six weeks and have lost several Grand as a result.
Have applied to local council for £10000 Grant over two weeks ago and haven't heard a thing.
The thing is I pay my business rates as part of my rent on the shop and this is the issue as I know people who rent little lock ups and got it paid within 3 days.
Anyone in same boat.
:(

Cant really comment on the UK but here in Welsh Wales we've just had ours on our holiday rental, took less than a week.....Most of the local councils in Wales are paying out almost immediately but Gwynedd are dragging their feet ( 3-4 weeks). A few clients of ours reckon its political....remember these councils are a conduit for the Welsh government and should be paying out to the legitamate without predujice but it's thought that Plaid Cymru are going all 'Welsh nationalist' and holding back money as most will be going to the English.....for their holiday homes. For our rental we have shown 2 years books, bank statements and booking history as proof but there are loads of chancers with ' holiday homes' that are trying it on, some may have done OK out of it but it does fuck it up for the genuine businesses. Unfortunately we dont qualify for our Laundry business as the we rent our unit and the landlord has the registration covering his 3 units, one of which that we rent( we pay him a third...) so he'll get it and we wont....rough with the smooth I guess.

If you want to make a few quid when it’s all over, set up an employment agency for jobsworth elf and safety personnel and start to manufacture high viz jackets and clip boards and stick a picture of the covid virus on them. You will make a fortune.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.