Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

PL pushing that clubs will have to return money already paid by $ly, BT etc for this season. I thought, wrongly(?), that money was paid at the end if the season for
1) number of games broadcast and
2) position in the league

Is there another payment that I don't know about?

Think sky and BT need to play the long game here, pay whatever money is due this season,
This puts them in an incredibly strong position to demand what they want from next season which looks like being behind closed doors.
Bearing in mind you could have teams playing any time any day of the week as you wouldn't have the logistics of staging a game with a crowd.

As well as that, if Sky/BT start playing the **** with the Premier League the PL may stick two fingers up to them and look favourable on any Amazon/Netflix/Facebook bids. Which would have the potential to finish Sky off, in its current model anyway

PL pushing that clubs will have to return money already paid by $ly, BT etc for this season. I thought, wrongly(?), that money was paid at the end if the season for
1) number of games broadcast and
2) position in the league

Is there another payment that I don't know about?

3) Bungs
4) Gifts to officials

As well as that, if Sky/BT start playing the **** with the Premier League the PL may stick two fingers up to them and look favourable on any Amazon/Netflix/Facebook bids. Which would have the potential to finish Sky off, in its current model anyway
Yeah like it or not the league will be in the market to sell every match next season, its going to be a game a day on TV, sky bt need to keep things sweet if they want a part of this

Going way off topic.... but always have a slight doubt about the “Moon Landing”
Why after all these years since, has nobody else got there ???
If one giant step.... why not a second, third ...?
Bit like the Prem being completed... pie in the sky !!!!

costs a fortune mate, and the public interest dropped off a cliff, there were better things to spend public money on

Players are "scared" about the prospect of returning to action amid the coronavirus pandemic, says Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero.

This is why it won't start again.

costs a fortune mate, and the public interest dropped off a cliff, there were better things to spend public money on

Plus they spent all their budget on the shuttle and international space station programmes instead. Although now those are either stopped or down to lower funding levels, and you have a President who is daft enough to push it, they are actively looking at going back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.