Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Give Liverpool the League Leaders trophy (with an asterisk). It could go in their cabinet alongside the ones from 2014 and 2019!

Last edited:
I dont think or didnt think I could hate Liverpoo more than I ever could do now

I have grown up, within the confines of the City of Manchester, and despised everything that ever emanated from The Swamp, but I have to say that over the last couple of seasons my loathing of all things red has migrated thirty odd miles down the East Lancs. Never has a club exuded such self-righteous importance, despite what they have and haven't achieved within that time span, and never has there been a club which felt that whatever they did - smashing coaches, hacking IT systems, furloughing staff - they still sat on a heavenly throne with The Almighty sitting at their right hand with Shanks on the left!

Mrs BillCarlisle said last night that she's noticed that after after a lifetime watching City I seem to have become completely pissed off with the way football has gone over recent years and in particular the way the FA/PL/UEFA are handling this crisis. She reckons that if somebody like me is fed up with it all it's a sign that the game is fcuked.
Very perceptive is my wife.

Mrs BillCarlisle said last night that she's noticed that after after a lifetime watching City I seem to have become completely pissed off with the way football has gone over recent years and in particular the way the FA/PL/UEFA are handling this crisis. She reckons that if somebody like me is fed up with it all it's a sign that the game is fcuked.
Very perceptive is my wife.
The game itself is fine, it's still capable of bringing a lot of enjoyment into people's lives. The problem is that football is run by a bunch of self-serving ****s.

So all the games are to be played at a neutral venue. So let's say all games to be played at St. James Park. So that will mean that if the players have to self isolate between games. Each team would have to have their own hotel. Which means that you have to have 20 hotels full booked for the duration till the Premier League is finished. Now assuming that with each team bring 30 players down plus all the coaching staff. Now assuming that they all have to be 2mtrs apart that would mean about 6 coaches per team. That is when it is starting to look completely stupid

Plus the hotel staff

There are only two possible outcomes from today’s meeting in my opinion. Either the league is voided or the league is stopped. I cannot see that they can control the knock-on effects of the league being stopped, in particular relegation/promotion so my money is on it being voided completely. Weirdly, that might mean we have to scrub the league cup win from our records.

There are only two possible outcomes from today’s meeting in my opinion. Either the league is voided or the league is stopped. I cannot see that they can control the knock-on effects of the league being stopped, in particular relegation/promotion so my money is on it being voided completely. Weirdly, that might mean we have to scrub the league cup win from our records.
I'm expecting a no score draw and another meeting in 4 weeks, I know dates are supposedly set in stone but these fuckers are adept at making up new rules to suit as they go along.

Not sure DD , i think the Premier league will spin this out for a few more weeks , they do not want to sit round a table with the likes of Sky , BT , ESPN , Bein and discuss how much money is at stake , for now they will bury their head in the sand along with the PFA and hope the death rate has dropped to a "reasonable" level so they can deliver another pitch to the government around June time , to finish the season.
The Premier league are not going to give up £750m without a fight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.