Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I never saw that quote tbh. How did he word it? If he said he wants it back when it’s safe to return then that’s fair enough - and I’m sure we’d all agree - and different to saying he wants it back before it’s safe.

I would add that I’m surprised with the approach in Germany. It seems they want to be back playing even before us, yet the infection rate has gone up to back over 1 in the past few days. Reckless thinking coming from a country I expected better of.

Hi Simon, I read that the infection rate in Germany went above 1 for a day and then fell to around 0.7 in the last couple of days.

How about the first two teams to play, which should be a City vs Arsenal as that was the next game to be played, kick off and both sets of players just sit on the pitch (social distancing) for 90 mins, can you imagine the heads at the premier league exploding, now that would send a message.

I think that quote "maintaining the integrity of the league" is the get out if jail card for clubs
Clubs will obviously say they want to finish the league. But all these ideas of neutral venues and even behind closed doors at your own ground could be seen as not maintaining the integrity of the league
The only way integrity can be kept is if you finish the league the way it started home and away in front of fans which we all now wont happen

Has there been any communication with clubs fan groups at all ? The suggestions from the FA are absolutely disgusting and scandalous. Surely the fans should have a voice in this ? It would give them a dilemma if fans from all teams can get their thoughts onto the meeting they have ? Fans groups spokespersons should be making all our voices heard.

How would they go about making subs,
The manager usually puts his arm round the player to tell him how he wants him to play

As I have said before the players have now got to come out and say that we will not play until it is 100% safe. Where is Gordon Taylor in all of this. As head of the PFA does he not care at all about the welfare any off his professional players, with him keeping very quite about all of this. To me it looks like he doesn't care one iota. They all can go away and play and leave me alone. come on Gordon come out and be and be a MAN, "COMEOUT AND SAY THAT THE PLAYERS WILL NOT BE PLAYING UNTIL IT IS 100% SAFE TO DO SO".

So players may have to be come serious ill, just to satisfy the bosses at both the Premier League and the FA. This is just to get Livarpool over the line to win the Premier League. The problem with all of this is that 1 player may have the Covid19 virus and not be showing any symptoms. As it could take anywhere from 2 to14 days to show signs of the Covid19 virus. The whole 1st team squad could have the virus and not know anything until the symptoms show. If that should happen, then all of that teams games will have to be postponed until they have all recovered. They also may have passed it on to who knows how many other teams before they showed symptoms.

The hotel where any team are staying, if they came down with Covid19 would have to be closed for a deep clean and who is going to pay for that to happen. That hotel would lose an awful amount of money and who is go to cover that cost.
Gary Neville is your friend.

I think that quote "maintaining the integrity of the league" is the get out if jail card for clubs
Clubs will obviously say they want to finish the league. But all these ideas of neutral venues and even behind closed doors at your own ground could be seen as not maintaining the integrity of the league
The only way integrity can be kept is if you finish the league the way it started home and away in front of fans which we all now wont happen

Exactly, it will be an absolute farce from start to finish.

Football really is on the verge of alienating itself from its supporters here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.