Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I think that everyone needs to be looking at doing everything possible to get the league to re start with null and void being the last resort even though i think they know null and void is the only way
This will keep the masses happy.
I think this will come down to the players.
You get a group of players refusing to play on health and safety grounds will bring all this re start talk down and there will be nothing they can do.
They cant force them to play

How about the first two teams to play, which should be a City vs Arsenal as that was the next game to be played, kick off and both sets of players just sit on the pitch (social distancing) for 90 mins, can you imagine the heads at the premier league exploding, now that would send a message.
Nah make the first game the rags and let them do that there like watching paint dry anyway!:))

Isnt this latest statement very similar to the one two weeks ago ?

Sounds to me for some reason the clubs are just dragging it out. The longer this goes on in my opinion more fans will turn their backs on football.

Sergio has come out and and said the players are worried yet the employers seem to be ignoring how the players feel.

Clubs want to give up home advantage, want to play without fans. I guess lots of clubs have spent the tv money and cant pay it back if needed.

The silence from the PFA is a disgrace it is their to represent the players yet it says nothing in public.

The integrity has gone for me.

What has happened to the game I grew up watching ? I dont recognise now sadly

If it does rely on Boris and the government to make a decision, after the NHS saved his sorry arse and he gives it the green light he should stand outside No10 on a Thursday night and instead of clapping he should be hanging his head in shame
Bang on, along with the hypocritical wankers down our avenue who clap on a Thursday night then contravene the lockdown rules on a regular basis.

Haven’t the bus wreckers started a petition yet to get the league restarted? It’s an absolute disgrace that it’s even being considered. I have to queue up outside a supermarket to buy essentials whilst maintaining social distancing which I suspect will be the case for a while yet its ok for circa 300 to roll up at a football ground to play a game. Utterly shameful by all concerned. I know a lot of money is at stake but their are millions of small businesses who are in desperate straits that don’t turnover millions each week that are more important

Looks to me like the PL are looking to be forced to make the season null and void to force payments of fees by media and sponsors, they will be able to demonstrate that they do everything possible to complete the season but were prevented on doing so without permission of the government, therefore it’s force majeure
Following this announcement the club can begin to refund what is owed to us as it’s is clear that the games will not take place with fans in attendance

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.