Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I find this whole concept disgusting. 600+ people still dying a day in this country, almost everything closed, thousands losing their jobs and thousands more teetering on the brink, yet these money grabbing wankers want to force players, officials and everyone else involved in this farce to risk their health to play football.

Aside from the above, which is the most important bit, it's unfair. Teams who had to play away with a hostile home crowd to contend with lose having the same advantage. Football is also a spectator sport, without fans it is a sterile soulless experience. It will also prove to be a nightmare for the police as fans will congregate outside the grounds no matter what the warnings and penalties if they do. Imagine the game that Liverpool will claim the title if they win. Does anyone think they will stop them descending on the venue in their thousands? End this nonsense now.
Only this. And of course the Govt (pilloried by many on here) will make the right call again, and say there will be no football until at least the start of the new season. I honestly believe there will be no football until we have either a vaccine or a strong inhibitor

This whole sorry saga by the powers that be to get football started again is really beginning to get right on my tits!!!!!! Just null and void the rest of the bloody season, christ almighty how hard can it be gods sake. Before anyone says they wont help, if I was a religious person I would have stopped praying weeks ago!!!

It's utter madness. Sheer denial. Desperately trying to conjure up some sort of scenario in which the season can be completed. Hoping something will turn up before they are forced to decide the inevitable.

However they should conserve their energies on this. Because in a couple of months they're going to have to realise that football as the spectator sport we recognise isn't going to resume until season 2021/22.

I find it difficult to understand why the caterers are being put on standby. If the matches are played behind closed doors, THERE WILL BE NO SPECTATORS ATTENDING in any case! What's the point of them being there in the first place, as there's no one to serve?
File under B for bullshit.
Slicing the oranges up at half time.

It's utter madness. Sheer denial. Desperately trying to conjure up some sort of scenario in which the season can be completed. Hoping something will turn up before they are forced to decide the inevitable.

However they should conserve their energies on this. Because in a couple of months they're going to have to realise that football as the spectator sport we recognise isn't going to resume until season 2021/22.
This is why I was surprised at the number of people who said they are finished with football if it was played behind closed doors.
The world has changed for quite a while

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.