Films that were acclaimed that are actually rubbish

I was the same when I watched Das Boot online. Why people rave about this film is beyond me. I didn't understand a word.
Just watched it today.

I think I preferred the series BBC showed of it, sort of like the directors cut... but this was about 35 years ago.

still think it’s awesome though. War as it is, not glorified trite.

Just watched it today.

I think I preferred the series BBC showed of it, sort of like the directors cut... but this was about 35 years ago.

still think it’s awesome though. War as it is, not glorified trite.
The bbc version is the only version i have watched.As you posted it was done in episodes.
Lasted 4 or 5 days if i remember correctly.
No way would i watch a dvd version right through in one sitting.

I watched Interstellar yesterday and that disappointed me too (nowhere near as much though it was ok). I rarely rewatch modern films but I’ll always rewatch my old faves.
Im with you, lifes too short to waste 2 hours on a shite, overhyped new film. I mostly watch classics that I know Im going to enjoy. About to start The Thing for what must be the 20th time.

The Blair Witch Project
Marmite film. I love it. The film, not marmite. Hate marmite.

And just for you il add Fire Walk With Me to the list.
Love Twin Peaks season 1(hence my username), but FWWM just didnt work. Everything and everyone that I loved in season 1 was missing from the film.

Im with you, lifes too short to waste 2 hours on a shite, overhyped new film. I mostly watch classics that I know Im going to enjoy. About to start The Thing for what must be the 20th time.
The Thing is one my all time faves. I’ve seen it about 15 times myself . The head sprouting legs scene “you’ve gotta be fucking kidding me” haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.