How would you like the season to be decided?

How should the season be decided?

• Total voters
OK. I think I've cracked this. How about doing it as a revival of It's a Knockout?

Players could wear those ridiculous grinning costumes - which would stop them breathing the virus on each other. Those massive inflatable costumes would also mean that social distancing is pretty much automatic. You teams still in Europe could, of course, do the Jeux Sans Frontieres version.

Those games where they carry water back to their own canisters (spilling most of it on the way) could have Dettol in the water.

My thinking is that if the authorities are being ridiculous enough to propose finishing this season, why not do it in a suitably laughable way?

I'd crown Liverpool the champions,
Use average points/game to settle top 4
No relegation no promotion.

Biggest losers are the clubs not promoted so maybe the top 6 start next season with an extra 3 points as an advantage next time round.

I'd crown Liverpool the champions,
Use average points/game to settle top 4
No relegation no promotion.

Biggest losers are the clubs not promoted so maybe the top 6 start next season with an extra 3 points as an advantage next time round.

So, *Liverpool are handed the title, but no one else gets promoted, hmm.

So, *Liverpool are handed the title, but no one else gets promoted, hmm.
There's no cost to giving them the title. There is to promote a team (unless we don't do relegation and just accept a bigger PL for 1 season).

I HATE Liverpool. This year more than ever but they won it imo. There was no catching them. And tbh it was mostly our own fault.

There's no cost to giving them the title. There is to promote a team (unless we don't do relegation and just accept a bigger PL for 1 season).

I HATE Liverpool. This year more than ever but they won it imo. There was no catching them. And tbh it was mostly our own fault.

I just think it has to be even-handed, Tony. Leeds & WBA are way ahead in the Rola Cola League....what would they have to say if the dippers are handed a title, yet their season's blood, sweat and tears are voided?

I think a lot of people are being worn down by their relentless PR machine & media stooges into acquiescing to their patently selfish demands. For me, it ain't over til it's mathematically impossible. Look at Leicester's incredible rise from the dead to stay up a few years ago. Next season, we all know what they did.

I keep coming back to one question: if there was no money involved, would another ball be kicked? All the times we hear (in loads of contexts, not just footie) "one death is too many". And if the dippers were mid-table, and forced to play, and one of "theirs" died of COVID (players or fans), they'd be lighting candles and filing law suits til the end of time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.