Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

What has PPE got to do with it? You're just picking a random topic where there is an issue and linking it to football.

Football clubs have their own medical staff, not impacting the NHS in any way and if they can purchase manufactured testing devices what is the issue?
Surely you are on a wind-up?

By holding games the chances of infection are increased it’s been estimated that up to 300 people are required to put on a game, will they all be housed in hotels? Will the hotel staff have to stay in the hotels during the duration of the event? The testing kits and PPE are in short supply and should be reserved for essential workers that includes delivery drivers, supermarket workers etc they are far more essential than those required to host a football tournament You speak of workers in the football industry, why do you think these workers are different to those in any other industry? The travel and hospitality industry, which will be absolutely devastated by the pandemic

Does it matter? It’s their choice.....same way if people leave the match early it’s up to them, nobody else’s business is It?
no,i think problem is- we all expect next season behind closed doors with some expert planing it is doable and we will put up with that and some will purchase the games, but what we dont like his having this game brought back while folk are dying in their hundreds

i dont think he understands,his posts are very bizare

I obviously understand more about how many people football clubs employ that aren't match day staff and could lose their jobs.

My point is if it's safe to do so, why shouldn't they play. I'm not saying they should take valuable NHS assets. It's more towards the 'football shouldn't be played without fans brigade'. If there is no football without fans, there will be no football to go back to. I'm not saying start next week, I'm saying start when deemed safe by the government.

Surely you are on a wind-up?

By holding games the chances of infection are increased it’s been estimated that up to 300 people are required to put on a game, will they all be housed in hotels? Will the hotel staff have to stay in the hotels during the duration of the event? The testing kits and PPE are in short supply and should be reserved for essential workers that includes delivery drivers, supermarket workers etc they are far more essential than those required to host a football tournament You speak of workers in the football industry, why do you think these workers are different to those in any other industry? The travel and hospitality industry which will be absolutely devastated by the pandemic

That is my whole point, would you be saying the same if the travel and hospitality industries were given the green light to resume their businesses but under a different model? I'm not saying football should be given more priority than others, it seems everyone is saying it should be given less.

Indeed. What should be happening is that the stakeholders in football (broadcasters, sponsors, wealthy owners, supporters) should be formulating an 18 month financial plan to ensure the survival of football clubs at all levels in the game. In short a redistribution of wealth.

Supporters? Our financial contribution is as paying customers. Enough of this "done with football" stuff. If the sort of approach above is taken then we as supporters and our wallets should wholeheartedly commit to coming back in droves when that becomes possible.

A lot of people have wondered when or if the billions bubble that is football would burst. Well it just has only in a totally unexpected way. Time now for a reset.

You need to add players to that list. They need to be part of the financial plan to make it all work.

Clubs could also agree zero transfers this summer

I obviously understand more about how many people football clubs employ that aren't match day staff and could lose their jobs.

My point is if it's safe to do so, why shouldn't they play. I'm not saying they should take valuable NHS assets. It's more towards the 'football shouldn't be played without fans brigade'. If there is no football without fans, there will be no football to go back to. I'm not saying start next week, I'm saying start when deemed safe by the government.
i think the best thing is they plan for next season,expert planing and people will purchase the games,we will know more about where we stand in august,people simply and me included dont want this going on while there is a rolling 600 a day dying,its just not right,thats my opinion and prob 95% on here,those staff at city would be better staying at home and the club doctors putting an input into the NHS and all the equipment they have going back into the system to help people out,its 9 games and somewhere in the chain it will cost a life via infection its just not worth it

That is my whole point, would you be saying the same if the travel and hospitality industries were given the green light to resume their businesses but under a different model? I'm not saying football should be given more priority than others, it seems everyone is saying it should be given less.

YOU CANT PLAY FOOTBALL AND BE SOCIALLY DISTANT.

Not on the pitch. But if clubs buy their own testing apparatus and conduct testing by their own medical team every day, do they need to social distance? People aren't social distancing every day in supermarkets and leaving their germs everywhere, where's the outcry about them
Football isn't exactly classed as essential is it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.