Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Aside from all the problems already mentioned here's one of the main ones.

It just isn't feasible until this virus is properly under control.

If martin lyptons tweet is close to be true they can cancel this season because they cant keep the integrity of the league. They can start next season behind closed doors and finish it behind closed doors then that keeps the integrity
And they can start now planning how next season can start

What an exciting season that promises to be. Football is nothing without fans. It will just be utterly shit.

So you think the travel industry is a higher priority? People needlessly flying around the world is the reason this spread. When safe football behind closed doors should go ahead in my opinion. I'm not saying start next week, it might be in 3 months time.
You seem massively argumentative and opinionated. Yes, the travel industry is a higher priority than a sport. Millions of people worldwild rely on the rest of the world travelling for their livelyhood. Football is a sport that if gone tomorrow would be soon forgotten in the world scheme of things. ( even though its obvious that we all love it)

Can someone miss a point any more? I'm it saying it's a special case. Just watching the news now about Spanish hotels looking to open in May, are you whinging about that? Once it's safe ant business has a right to try to adapt and survive. I don't understand why you would wish companies out of business.
Fuck sake,CONTACT SPORT what other business makes their staff do this with a high chance of injury and catching an infection nobody knows they have

A nine year old boy died on his own,his mother wasn't allowed in to hold him,in a British hospital,thousands more have died alone but we can send our players out to play a contact sport so nobody in football can go out of business

Pep has lost his mum

I do not want to see Sergio or kev or their wives in this position,i don't care who goes out of business so long as they stay alive

I give up

Last edited:
You seem massively argumentative and opinionated. Yes, the travel industry is a higher priority than a sport. Millions of people worldwild rely on the rest of the world travelling for their livelyhood. Football is a sport that if gone tomorrow would be soon forgotten in the world scheme of things. ( even though its obvious that we all love it)

I don't want any industry to go under that is my point. For some reason some people are starting petitions and getting on the paper for writing letters to the league demanding football doesn't get played behind closed doors. All I am saying is when it is safe, it should be resumed behind closed doors until fans are allowed again. No doubt this will be after sections of the travel industry start to open. I hope so I have a weekend away booked in Cornwall at the start of June!

Eight strongest candidates for neutral #PL grounds: - Amex and St Mary's Stadium [South Coast] - London and Emirates Stadium [London] - King Power and Villa Park [Midlands] - Old Trafford and Etihad Stadium [North-West] Wembley & St George's Park are not options. [
@SunSport

Fuck sake,CONTACT SPORT what other business makes their staff do this with a high chance of injury and catching an infection nobody knows they have

A nine year old boy died on his own,his mother wasn't allowed in to hold him,in a British hospital,hundreds more have died alone but we can send our players out to play a contact sport so nobody in football can go out of business

Pep has lost his mum

I do not want to see Sergio or kev or their wives in this position,i don't care who goes out of business so long as they stay alive

I give up

So you want the world to be locked down forever then is what you're saying.

At some point it will be deemed safe and when it is should be played with or without fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.