Shops long gone from Manchester you used to love.

Going back to the late 1960`s and early 1970`s I used to frequent on home games a trip down to John Dalton Street in town and visit a place called Rare Records.WOW what a find for me and my mate who were/are massive soul fans.The amount of records that he held was wonderful and you took away a record and played it in one of the individual booths.The amount of records that I bought from that shop was incredible but also the number of American imports that he would order was superb.
It was only a few years later that I found out that the owner used to write regularly in the New Musical Express which was the top selling music newspaper of its era and one that I had delivered on a regular basis to my home.
I doubt its there nowadays but both me and my mate spent many a long morning prior to home games in that shop.
Anyone else either shop there or remember it ?

Tyldesley and Holbrook

That book/comic shop on Hanging Ditch in the base of the Corn Exchange. In the late 80s was just about the only place in Manchester you could buy Viz.

In the early 80s my dad used to take to Colliers on Oldham Street to buy clothes. I think it changed to Burtons.

Going back to the late 1960`s and early 1970`s I used to frequent on home games a trip down to John Dalton Street in town and visit a place called Rare Records.WOW what a find for me and my mate who were/are massive soul fans.The amount of records that he held was wonderful and you took away a record and played it in one of the individual booths.The amount of records that I bought from that shop was incredible but also the number of American imports that he would order was superb.
It was only a few years later that I found out that the owner used to write regularly in the New Musical Express which was the top selling music newspaper of its era and one that I had delivered on a regular basis to my home.
I doubt its there nowadays but both me and my mate spent many a long morning prior to home games in that shop.
Did it have listening booths? My sister was a big soul fan and she used to drag me down there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.