Shops long gone from Manchester you used to love.

There were some shops on Shudehill that sold electronic parts for enthusiasts. Built myself a record player (ask your dad) mid 60s with parts bought there.
Just brothels there last time I went past.

About 10 years or so ago now whilst I was still a student I was working in a shop in manchester close to the food court, my shifts would often be scheduled for 4-6 hour shifts that don’t get a dinner hour but would regularly turn into full days at the drop of a hat when asked to come in earlier/stay later. as such I never had time to prepare cheaper dinners so had to rely on fast food dinners a lot which really ate into my pitiful wage. Then one day upon going up to the food court I was handed a leaflet for a place I’d never tried or even noticed before, Southern Eleven it was called on the opposite side to the busy kfc/McDonald’s side. With the voucher you could get a choice of a chicken burger or a small ribs with chips and a drink for I think it was just £2.50. I would horde the seemingly never ending supply of vouchers and lived off them for months, was really nice and saved me a fortune until it closed out of nowhere.

Spinnin' records in the underground market (well, it was at the side entrance so wasn't actually underground).

Athena on the corner of piccadilly Gardens (now primark).

Last picture show
Peter brunskels(defect sheepskin£10)
i remember buying a very expensive cardigan in last picture show, also used to like going jean machine for FUs jeans and cords in the arndale. was there a really expensive shop in deansgate called i think zap? i bought some cashmere socks in there, nearly cost a weeks wages

Wait. When did the royal exchange go? Must be nearly twenty years since I went in there admittedly. I also remember that sports book shop, thanks to who mentioned it. A second hand bookshop near town hall that sold all intelligent sociology books. I liked browsing in there in days gone by, picked up a copy of Seriously Funny by Howard Jacobson for pence not long after the TV series.

Couldn’t tell you mate, don’t think I shopped there. Be interested to know the name though.
Expansion Records.It was better record shop than Spin Inn as you could actually look and they would actually play records that you want to hear and not make your ears bleed .

Hime and Addison got my Zeppelin Earl’s Court tickets from this shop
Off subject a pub that missed tommy ducks
And of course the plaza curry shop

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.