COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still intrigued by how this virus gets transmitted.

As I mentioned at the beginning, me and 10 other guys spent 3 days with a guy who had it, one guy even sharing a room with him, not one of us caught it from him.

To add to that now, my brother who lives in Stockholm, his 16 year old daughter has COVID, not been tested to confirm, but has fever, pneumonia, horrific cough etc, so 99.9% she has it as doesn’t take a rocket scientist to confirm those symptoms. They don’t self isolate over there, as is the Swedish way, so my bro and his wife who are both in their fifties have spent the last 2 weeks in the house with her (she’s been really ill for 10 days now) and they’ve just carried on as normal like a household would with a poorly child, yet not come down with COVID - just doesn’t make sense as to why especially when the 16 year old hasn’t had the “mild” strain, she’s had full on horrific strain.

So many questions, so few true answers.

I know someone here who went through the same thing (he was ill the rest of the family fine - in fact my shimmer n his best friends with his daughter and was with her a lot just before the lockdown. None of us (unless we had it mild) was affected.

However, I still look back at that stomach cramps I had for one week just before the lockdown - quite a few mentioned similar symptoms (but again could be coincidental).

I know someone here who went through the same thing (he was ill the rest of the family fine - in fact my shimmer n his best friends with his daughter and was with her a lot just before the lockdown. None of us (unless we had it mild) was affected.

However, I still look back at that stomach cramps I had for one week just before the lockdown - quite a few mentioned similar symptoms (but again could be coincidental).
You counter all this against the way it zooms round a care home, just weird. And yes, of course I understand about old people and their immune systems, but again I’ve always been of the opinion a huge percentage of people just must have had this asymptomatically, there is no other answer that makes sense.

Is the concensus that this is man made? Reading about the Wuhan virology lab and the tests they were doing and how 5 eyes have identified that a Dr. there was patient zero. If true I hope the international community bury China once and for all.

Just taken delivery of 20 face masks, got them off eBay for a tenner. Seem decent enough, just the paper style ones, but will do for if we get told to wear one when out and about.

For the first time in months I can see an end to this. We have the first drug treatment (although I'd like to see Remdesivir's activity confirmed by other trials), antigen testing is getting easier, and faster. The UK is actually recruiting contact tracing. The immunity is in the bank now, and at some point the UK is going to press the green Go button and sweep the country free of virus.

We're firmly on the downslope now, and to use Boris's analogy we're traveling through the tunnel under the peak and can see the green pastures on the other side. It makes little sense now for the UK to continue to accrue immunity. Just shift into virus clearing mode and get the job done. South Korea and China have swept hugely dense cities clear of virus and are back in some schools with little or no immunity, and factories in production. Life continues there. It should really be easier for the UK as we have significant levels of immunity now in our cities which means the virus's rate of reproduction is automatically much reduced. It was the invisible enemy back in January, but it's now perfectly feasible to have mass testing. The fear which you, I and Kun feel will slowly start to melt away.

We dont actually know that yet though do we? Just guessing. Could do with some actual studies to confirm it.

Just taken delivery of 20 face masks, got them off eBay for a tenner. Seem decent enough, just the paper style ones, but will do for if we get told to wear one when out and about.
Got 20 of the blue ones on the way £20 just me and the missus plan to recycle 3 days apart

Got 20 of the blue ones on the way £20 just me and the missus plan to recycle 3 days apart
I watched a few sellers on eBay and did my own research. The ones I got were from a big seller in Lancashire, sells all sorts of stuff, huge positive feedback, and must have just laid their hands on a consignment of masks. So took plunge and thought fuck it, it’s only £12 so worth the risk. They seem fine, been vacuum packed and all definitely brand new. Seem like they will do the job when needed.

Is the concensus that this is man made? Reading about the Wuhan virology lab and the tests they were doing and how 5 eyes have identified that a Dr. there was patient zero. If true I hope the international community bury China once and for all.

Not been any proof of this so far.

We will all need China more than ever. A huge part of the world economy. Can we persuade them to act a little more communitaire? I doubt it.

I don’t think it’s man made, in the sense that some blokes got together in a lab with a Petri dish and mixed up some chemicals to form a virus. Whether it found in bats and being studied in a laboratory is a different question and might have a grain of truth in it. That being said, it does appear that you won’t catch this virus from casual contact with someone who has it, so unless the Chinese were throwing it around or drinking it, that seems a bit unlikely as well. It’s most likely as it was described, via a wet market, unless you go full Trump, where you end up accusing the chinese of a deliberate act, which I’m sure will be tweeted imminently...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.