UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It may be that UEFA's punishment is struck down for lack of evidence, but unless CIty have provided a lot of confidential information, there won't be an 'innocent' outcome to this. It'll be more that the claims are not proved, and it will always be reported that the claims were made.

I think that will be the public perception, and the club will be resigned to that. I do think the club focus is on pressurising UEFA.

As PB suggested, this may come to be UEFA withdrawing the charge and stating that they will reform the CFCB - whether because CAS would make it untenable in its current state or to placate City. I think City will probably be happy to have the charge/punishment withdrawn, as that achieves the aim quickly without the need to go to a hearing.

Newcastle and their takeover will be a welcome distraction from any perceived negativity against us.

C19 is temporary but it's going to completely wreck football finance.

I am not sure if anyone has mentioned it but indebted clubs like Spurs and Man Utd may have big problems.
Ironic isn't it. The clubs that would happily see us go out of existence behind the smokescreen of FFP are the ones applying for a Government subsidy to furlough their staff, while we have what it takes to get through this.

Football is being stress-tested. Revenues to be slashed across the footballing world. Now let us see how FFP protects the debt-laden clubs of this world.

David Gill may have sunk his claws into Manchester City but I am going to enjoy his football struggle these next few months. Expect the news media to cotton on to this pretty soon.

It may be that UEFA's punishment is struck down for lack of evidence, but unless CIty have provided a lot of confidential information, there won't be an 'innocent' outcome to this. It'll be more that the claims are not proved, and it will always be reported that the claims were made.

I think that will be the public perception, and the club will be resigned to that. I do think the club focus is on pressurising UEFA.

As PB suggested, this may come to be UEFA withdrawing the charge and stating that they will reform the CFCB - whether because CAS would make it untenable in its current state or to placate City. I think City will probably be happy to have the charge/punishment withdrawn, as that achieves the aim quickly without the need to go to a hearing.
No matter what the the outcome we will either be perceived as guilty or got off on a technicality never innocent.

IMHO if they were simply dropping the charges due to the current situation, then the papers would have a field day running stories on how we’d got off with it. Given the current decline in readership, such a decision would give them the click bait they need to keep their rotten ventures going.

Now, if it’s the case that City do indeed have evidence which will exonerate them from all charges - as they have always maintained, then no-one would risk writing anything libellous against City as they certainly will not be able to afford defending any potential legal case.

We know only too well, that the media are reluctant to write anything that paints City in a positive light and if it’s the case that the charges are dropped based on the fact that we are completely innocent, then the biased media are more likely to ignore these facts.

On the other hand, they may be hedging their bets and waiting to see how this pans out!
It the charges are dropped because of the crisis City should just publish all our evidence. We should avoid signing a non disclosure agreement at all costs. We should also make it clear to our enemies in the media that we will take legal action against them if the publish or broadcast any libellous (defamatory) information. A large amount of libellous content has been published about City in the last few years and so far we have effectively done nothing about it.

I'm not even sure he's actually heard anything, yet people hang on his every word
We all know what Khaldoon said about "irrefutable evidence " so people in Abu Dhabi being confident about City's case is already in the public domain
Now if there is supposed new confidence and it's being batted around, why are the media not laying the foundations of City's acquittal?
Imagine the clicks from outraged fans of other clubs it would generate for a struggling media
As I said earlier watch the narrative from utd once they get wind that 5th is isn't going to get champs league their tone will change regards finishing the season.

Ironic isn't it. The clubs that would happily see us go out of existence behind the smokescreen of FFP are the ones applying for a Government subsidy to furlough their staff, while we have what it takes to get through this.

The world is a different place to when City had this chucked at us on Valentine’s Day. From Uefa to the likes of the dippers and the rags they are all running for cover with very few owners having the resources to weather this storm.

It the charges are dropped because of the crisis City should just publish all our evidence. We should avoid signing a non disclosure agreement at all costs. We should also make it clear to our enemies in the media that we will take legal action against them if the publish or broadcast any libellous (defamatory) information. A large amount of libellous content has been published about City in the last few years and so far we have effectively done nothing about it.

I'd like to agree with you on this but putting information into the public domain would just have armies of opposition fans and bloggers poring over every word trying to find ambiguities or double-meanings in every paragraph and extend the debate. Just reiterating the stance we've held all along would do the job

As I said earlier watch the narrative from utd once they get wind that 5th is isn't going to get champs league their tone will change regards finishing the season.

Totally agree on both points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.