UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me make myself clear , I want them nailing every single one of them.
They have dragged our name and reputation through the mud ,even if cleared that will stick.
I wrote at the time we should not have taken the hit and should have gone to the courts and sorted it
I have watched and read everything on here about the case,I have seen the forum go from "highs"on info supplied to " lows " when UEFA change the goal posts.
Poster post in good faith and I believe that we have a cast iron case but I dont trust the cartel and the bandits that work for them.
The only outcome which is acceptable to me is total exoneration and for the hypocrites to be exposed and banished from the game
Because if that doesn't happen they will return for another go
Let them return and have another go, it just goes to prove the club's point, we are being targeted.

ADUG is an investment fund, so its overwhelming purpose is to make money. Such a fund can make money in two ways: divis from profits of companies invested in And/Or capital growth of those vehicles. It depends where the vehicles are in their life cycle and what their strategies are. See US digi businesses which sold for or are worth billions while sitting on large accumulated losses.
CFG's strategy appears to be: buy a medium sized club, invest heavily in personnel and facilities, grow the club to the point where it is profitable, let it stand on its own to feet, move on to next club project and invest there.
Ultimately, when CFG reaches its optimal size, the P&L will be positive and the capital value will dwarf the investment made. Will ADUG be tempted to sell then? Probably not, as CFG provides a bridge to new markets for goods and services for all Abu Dhabi businesses.
But, let us be clear: CFG and its subsidiaries are there to make money for ADUG. That is healthy for City, as it ensures our future.

We're dancing on the head of a pin over semantics. The issue is whether the CFG is primarily a money making machine and I would assert it is not.

There is no scenario where ADUG would allow CFG to be a loss making vanity project, as you say, that was never their intention, their plan is and always was that CFG would make money for ADUG over time and CFG does indeed now make money for ADUG, and while the CFG has not yet reached optimal size we've already reached a stage where its capital value is greater than the investment made, but to state CFG is primarily a money making machine would suggest that first and foremost it is a cash cow, in the way United is and the CFG is clearly not that.

Think your find that the investors in our club , want the same plus a wholesome clean image, not one were we are branded cheats

We don't always get what we want.

Unless we own all the media, online and printed, and a good stake in sky and bt, it ain't gonna happen.

Adug understand that and have learnt to live with it. I think it is certain fans that feel the pain more. The mail and Guardian will continue in the same vein. Simon Jordan will still call us a Frankenstein club, cleared or not. David Conn will still target Abu Dhabi.

He who laughs last.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.