Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

OK I respect

OK I'll respect your view despite the cheap glue-sniffing comment which unfortunately is trademark Trump in responding to anything critical. I'll respect it even more if you can substantiate your comment that it's likely the virus came from a Chinese lab. And you mention that there is some pretty clear evidence.... can you tell me what that pretty clear evidence is please?

Officials at one Premier League club have told their players they can opt out of 'Project Restart' for health and safety. The move has sparked 'outrage' among fellow top-flight players, unhappy they have not received the same offer. @SunSport

Hope this is us

Some people getting way to carried away regarding the players safety lets put it this way theres 100s of thousands of people still working still mingling and have been all the way through. Yes theres a risk but no more than other people are in or have been put in.Theres talks of easing lockdown measures so getting back to work is neccasarry and we may have to learn to co exist with this virus.just watched bbc news and they are now testing blood plasma from those who had covid and show a decent level of antibodies.It will be frozen and used to treat ill patients if a second wave was to occur so all positive news.

Some people getting way to carried away regarding the players safety lets put it this way theres 100s of thousands of people still working still mingling and have been all the way through. Yes theres a risk but no more than other people are in or have been put in.Theres talks of easing lockdown measures so getting back to work is neccasarry and we may have to learn to co exist with this virus.just watched bbc news and they are now testing blood plasma from those who had covid and show a decent level of antibodies.It will be frozen and used to treat ill patients if a second wave was to occur so all positive news.
Sorry that is bollocks,this is a contact sport with a high risk of transferring the virus,they get injuries that take them to the hospital ,players spitting and shouting
The other but is good news though

Some Premier League players have made it clear to their agents that they feel they are being put under 'intolerable pressure' to save the game from financial meltdown. [
@MirrorFootball

The FA Cup Final has been pencilled in for Saturday 8th August, though a midweek date of August 5th is also under consideration - but it is still expected to be the final game of the season as part of the Premier League’s 'Project Restart'. [
@MailSport

All remaining FA Cup games, including the four quarter-final ties, are expected to be played at Wembley. Quarter-Final games: - Leicester vs Chelsea - Newcastle vs #ManCity - Sheffield United vs Arsenal - Norwich vs Manchester United [
@MailSport

Last edited:
There is so much drive to get the dippers over the line, that as soon as they’ve got their 6 points, it will be deemed too dangerous. You know it will.
If other countries have already called time on their season, we should too.
Make the most of planning for ‘next season’ instead of the greedy desire to get their gravy train up and running again.
If it starts again in the next few weeks, I will be done with football, although I will always love City, I can’t justify condoning this. I hope the club stand firm and tell them to fcuk off.

There are protective measures, to various extents, in place for those still working.

How do you safeguard a football match? Hazmat suits? No man marking? Subbing off every player who breaks even a single sweat? Three players, minus the 'keeper, allowed in the penalty box at the one time?

The fuck are you smoking.

Considering many players flew home when lockdown started and some of those places or we are apparently implementing 14 day quarentines soon in the UK and some have flight bans I don't see how squads will be full anyway.

Yes there were 5 of them.

If pentantic isn't a word it should be. I'm adding it to the dictionary I'm compiling. So far I've got to B for Batshit: "A mental condition concerning cironavirus afflicting the English Premier League in 2020".

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.