Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Football is a sport , entertainment , a pastime , something to be enjoyed and it takes your mind off the real world for 90 minutes (or 80 minutes to 50% of our support :) it is not essential , no matter how much we support our club and are passioante about our club.
The fact that the Premier league are even considering re-starting football whilst 700-800 innocent people are dying every day is scandalous , the f*ckers who run the premeir league need to made to sit by the side of a person taking their last breath in hospital at the mercy of this virus , they will soon change their mind. Football at this moment is inconsequential and i never thought i would ever say or post that.

Some people getting way to carried away regarding the players safety lets put it this way theres 100s of thousands of people still working still mingling and have been all the way through. Yes theres a risk but no more than other people are in or have been put in.Theres talks of easing lockdown measures so getting back to work is neccasarry and we may have to learn to co exist with this virus.just watched bbc news and they are now testing blood plasma from those who had covid and show a decent level of antibodies.It will be frozen and used to treat ill patients if a second wave was to occur so all positive news.
I think you're missing the point.

Those people who are still actively engaged within their employment duties are 'essential workers'. Their role is to provide frontline support and to maintain the infrastructure for society.

There is absolutely nothing essential about football. Nothing!

The FA & Premier League are nothing special. They are a profit making organisation just like plenty of other businesses in the UK who will have to take a financial hit due to the Covid-19 outbreak.

This bullshit about finishing the league for the integrity of the game is frankly offensive. It's about money and getting Liverpool* over the line.

Also this ridiculous narrative the media are pushing about how restarting football is going to lift the spirits of the nation. No it isn't, most people will be mortified and appalled if football is resumed while people continue to die of this terrible disease.

The BBC ran a story earlier about the increase in
domestic violence during lockdown and the F.A and the Premier League want to restart football. These idiots should be called out for what they are: money grabbing parasites.

Why won’t the government step in and put an end to this nonsense once and for all ?
Or are they worried about losing money?
I understand the need to get back to work but surely sport can be cancelled until spring next year.
Some jobs will be lost unfortunately but it’s better then lives being lost!
If they force these players to leave their families in a pandemic for ‘Sport’
they won’t see a penny off me again.

There is so much drive to get the dippers over the line, that as soon as they’ve got their 6 points, it will be deemed too dangerous. You know it will.
If other countries have already called time on their season, we should too.
Make the most of planning for ‘next season’ instead of the greedy desire to get their gravy train up and running again.
If it starts again in the next few weeks, I will be done with football, although I will always love City, I can’t justify condoning this. I hope the club stand firm and tell them to fcuk off.
Wouldn’t make a difference if they got their 6 points and stopped the season, other issues wouldn’t have been resolved so they could null and void it then, in fact that would be great, they celebrate winning it and then it’s null and voided ha ha .

If it comes back this year it’ll be like that Walking Football, which is excellent for older less-fit guys, but not for the best players in the world.
Bloody hell I could be playing in the premier league instead of Aguero I’ll risk it just to walk out at the Ethiad, sign me up City.

Some Premier League players have made it clear to their agents that they feel they are being put under 'intolerable pressure' to save the game from financial meltdown. [
@MirrorFootball

The FA Cup Final has been pencilled in for Saturday 8th August, though a midweek date of August 5th is also under consideration - but it is still expected to be the final game of the season as part of the Premier League’s 'Project Restart'. [
@MailSport

All remaining FA Cup games, including the four quarter-final ties, are expected to be played at Wembley. Quarter-Final games: - Leicester vs Chelsea - Newcastle vs #ManCity - Sheffield United vs Arsenal - Norwich vs Manchester United [
@MailSport

It’s unlikely the Mirror Football story is about our players because they haven’t deferred a penny in wages to support non playing staff. Yes they are entitled to their contractual pay and the top team’s players in England haven’t been deferring wages.

The season might as well be over for me and our Club should support any player who is not in the right state of mind to play. That said, we are pretty much powerless in terms of our voting rights in the Prem (as the CAS 8 letter showed) so I’m surprised to see a bunch of moaners on social media saying they are embarrassed to be City fans because the Prem is looking to restart. Hopefully, those so called Blues will become Newcastle fans.

BBC reporting that the Bundesliga is close to returning. A decision due this week, and likely to start on either the 16th or 23rd May. Meanwhile their schools re-open tomorrow in a staggered return.

Serie A clubs to start training from May 18th

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.