Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

We aren't looking at a 5 week closed doors, neutral ground fiasco but just the 2 games the dippers need and then shut down on H & S grounds.

Now there's an idea. Just allow them to play the two games and everyone else can stay at home safe.
Unless they lose them...

If pentantic isn't a word it should be. I'm adding it to the dictionary I'm compiling. So far I've got to B for Batshit: "A mental condition concerning cironavirus afflicting the English Premier League in 2020".
I cannot take credit for pentantic. I think spell check did it.
Citronavirus would be a good word for all the lemons coming out with the daft ideas.

Regardless if the league restarts , its not the same competition as before. No other premiership season has had a 2,3,4 etc month break in it for the players to rest. So when liverpool do win it it still should read *liverpool.
I dont see how any records could held etc. The integrity of the league has gone, the premier league is played home and away with fans, and the players going home after a game.

What should be happening is this season null n void and all the effect should be going into the next season when ever that is. If it means behind closed doors home and away , the whole season has to be played that way.

You cant change the rules of a competition after 75% of the matches have been played UNLESS it is written into the rules that allow that.

Should this season ever be finished the winners should also have * next to their name.

Sorry if posted on here already.

is it possible the FA are waiting for the gov to say no more football ? Will this trigger some kind of compensation / insurance package ?

If the FA say it’s over then is it financially on them ?

something seems off here. The FA must clearly see a major backlash from supporters if the season continues & the country. It is clearly not safe to play or is it showing any respect to those dealing with this virus be it medically or struggling financially.

Is it possible we are watching some political game play out between the gov & FA ? I have not heard anything from gov re football only the FA making assumptions & lots of talks
This was like holidays. I don't want to go but the government hasn't said don't go so I wouldn't get any money back so I go and then I get stuck there. Maybe it is all just the PL showing they'd done everything reasonably possible to fulfil the TV contracts so they can say the contracts are frustrated and void because they are incapable of performance.

Ladies and gents if we had any doubt journalists are scum I give you Oliver Holt. I'm just surprised he didn't mention ourselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.