Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Regardless if the league restarts , its not the same competition as before. No other premiership season has had a 2,3,4 etc month break in it for the players to rest. So when liverpool do win it it still should read *liverpool.
I dont see how any records could held etc. The integrity of the league has gone, the premier league is played home and away with fans, and the players going home after a game.

What should be happening is this season null n void and all the effect should be going into the next season when ever that is. If it means behind closed doors home and away , the whole season has to be played that way.

You cant change the rules of a competition after 75% of the matches have been played UNLESS it is written into the rules that allow that.

Should this season ever be finished the winners should also have * next to their name.

Klopp rarely rotates his players and and as such they would have been likely to burn out or suffer injuries over the final quarter of the season, the rest period now would mean the same players would be fresh as daisy's. This would greatly increase their chances of surpassing out 100 point record.

It’s all about the money baby!!
They keep going on about finishing the season for the integrity of the game, but for me cancelling the season null and void is the best thing for the integrity of the game. Playing behind closed doors, playing in neutral venues, handing teams titles, promotions & relegation on Points per games averages etc etc etc all turn it artificial.

Klopp rarely rotates his players and and as such they would have been likely to burn out or suffer injuries over the final quarter of the season, the rest period now would mean the same players would be fresh as daisy's. This would greatly increase their chances of surpassing out 100 point record.
and that's the point I am making records cant stand as it was clear Liverpool were running out of gas when the stoppage happen.

When does anyone think they will watch city live again? I think January next year. Have resigned myself to that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.