Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Covid 19 is NOT airborne.
Airborne means it’s in the air and persists.
Covid 19 is only in the air for as long as the cough droplets are.

What about players who are sweating with saliva seeping from there mouths being touch by another player's arms that are sweaty, and then that player inadvertently touching his face and mouth?

Does that seem safe to you?

On the basis the players are tested and there is 22 + the ref. I'd say it is low risk. If one had the virus it would be an issue so Sunday league isn't going to start anytime soon but professional clubs could do this pretty safely.

Virtually every person touches the turnstiles

Yep, hardly anyone touches the turnstiles, lift buttons, doors, bars, concourse tables, handrails etc.

True but this is all avoidable. My point was that transmission is via surfaces and lots of contact involved. 3 hours in a busy pub would be way more risk than 3 hours at a football game where you avoid touching things. 3 hours in your supermarket is likely much higher risk. It all comes down to surface contact - much less to do with the density of people in any specific area.

It has to be either no champions no promotion and no relegation or completed warts and all. it can’t be something in the middle. There’s a few teams in the championship that are in the running for promotion likewise league one etc
Everything has a domino affect
The PL don’t care about any other league or clubs if they could ban relegation and promotion they would be all the happier

Transport fair enough. Never noticed people walking along rows touching seats in the ground though.
If you've got a disability which affects your balance, and require a stick to help you keep yourself upright, you may find that a stick is of limited use when trying to get to your seat. Holding on to someone's seat is a prerequisite in those circumstances. If you're fit and able, get yourself totally bladdered and try to get to your seat without touching anyone.
I'm now in the former category, but encountered he same difficulties in the latter.

On the basis the players are tested and there is 22 + the ref. I'd say it is low risk. If one had the virus it would be an issue so Sunday league isn't going to start anytime soon but professional clubs could do this pretty safely.

There is still an inherent risk which has consequences far outweighing the need to take at this stage.

True but this is all avoidable. My point was that transmission is via surfaces and lots of contact involved. 3 hours in a busy pub would be way more risk than 3 hours at a football game where you avoid touching things. 3 hours in your supermarket is likely much higher risk. It all comes down to surface contact - much less to do with the density of people in any specific area.

Its sort of avoidable but with say 40000 people if there are 10 carrIers then they are likely to pass it on to say 100 therefore R much greater than 1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.