Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

If you've got a disability which affects your balance, and require a stick to help you keep yourself upright, you may find that a stick is of limited use when trying to get to your seat. Holding on to someone's seat is a prerequisite in those circumstances. If you're fit and able, get yourself totally bladdered and try to get to your seat without touching anyone.
I'm now in the former category, but encountered he same difficulties in the latter.
But there are relatively few people in both categories. Anyway it’s a moot point, the real issue is with the airborne virus outside the ground at various bottlenecks where social distancing is impossible. That said it’s equally impossible in supermarkets with moronic staff flouting the guidelines so is going to the match any more dangerous than popping down to the shops ?

Tbh, Marvin probably knows as much as anyone on here about covid.
My opinion, when they tell most to go back to work then so should footballers. Like everyone else it won’t be as normal but it’s a start.
I'm not sure I agree with this, when I go back to work we don't need medics, ambulances or coppers to be involved that could be better used elsewhere.
This is why entertainment will be the last things to reopen in the current climate, there won't be any shows at the arena for some time for the same reason and some people may not agree but football is essentially an entertainment business.
There's reports saying that the Premier League paid over £4m to buy covid testing kits for the club's but it should be a national disgrace that so many of these rare tests have gone to entertainers, give this money and tests to the people dealing with the virus and caring for the sick people so that we can then get this thing under some measure of control as quickly as possible. Then look at how to safely bring back sports and entertainment.

So, the bottom clubs wont except playing at a neutral ground without relegation being cancelled as they lose the advantage of a home game.
And the top clubs won't except a league expanded to 21...
Ferrets in a sack.

Last edited:
Quite easy to do with a deft piece of footwork but that’s not the point. How many seats other than your own do you touch at the match ?
But what happens when you are unable to use deft footwork to bring your seat down? YOU HAVE TO TOUCH THE SEAT!! THAT IS THE POINT you seem unable to grasp. The final sentence was answered at my post #9206. You may wish to reread it to refresh your memory.

may have been asked already but if there is no relegation but promotion goes on what happens to the 3rd place play off position?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.