Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

If football starts again all be it behind closed doors, that's the green light for me as far as I'm concerned social distancing is over, I'm going to carry on as normal

I'm not sure I agree with this, when I go back to work we don't need medics, ambulances or coppers to be involved that could be better used elsewhere.
This is why entertainment will be the last things to reopen in the current climate, there won't be any shows at the arena for some time for the same reason and some people may not agree but football is essentially an entertainment business.
There's reports saying that the Premier League paid over £4m to buy covid testing kits for the club's but it should be a national disgrace that so many of these rare tests have gone to entertainers, give this money and tests to the people dealing with the virus and caring for the sick people so that we can then get this thing under some measure of control as quickly as possible. Then look at how to safely bring back sports and entertainment.
It’s a job, without fans football is about as risky as most other jobs. If I get told work is ok then I believe it’s ok for all. I don’t want to go back til it’s safe but when it is so, then I’m of the opinion it’s safe for all.

If football starts again all be it behind closed doors, that's the green light for me as far as I'm concerned social distancing is over, I'm going to carry on as normal
What will normal look like,you wont be going to the match, cinemas ,concerts or the pub.

What I don't get is the rush to end this season, it seems clear that this year and next is going to be disrupted by current events, you might even be in the crazy position that next years Europa and Champions League's start before this years finishes(Europa League is due to start end of June). The solution seems pretty simple finish this season when you can and simply run the league campaign next... no FA Cup, League Cup, European Football(not least to stop the spread of the virus between players and officials). even if next season starts Christmas time you could fit in the required games and be back to an August start for 21/22

What I don't get is the rush to end this season, it seems clear that this year and next is going to be disrupted by current events, you might even be in the crazy position that next years Europa and Champions League's start before this years finishes(Europa League is due to start end of June). The solution seems pretty simple finish this season when you can and simply run the league campaign next... no FA Cup, League Cup, European Football(not least to stop the spread of the virus between players and officials). even if next season starts Christmas time you could fit in the required games and be back to an August start for 21/22

Here's a clue.

Two teams that wear red need the money and broadcasters want the kudos for covering it.

Its win / win with the Dippers , "give" them the title as a gift means they havent won or earned the title , null & void and the Dippers go into blame game hyperbole and we can just sit back and drink it in , the next few weeks of isolation will be ever so slightly easier with the thought of the turmoil , stress and disbelief the Red Shite Scousers will be going through , there is a God and he's a Mancunian :)

My own take would be to null and void the season, have no champion on relegation, promote three up from the Championship and start the new season in late July, thus allowing for things to settle down further and a proper pre-season for players.

More fixtures means more TV money. Shut the season down for a month through December - resume mid-Jan after the cold season starts kicking about.

Finish start of April and relegate six clubs - allowing more window for the Euros to start that summer.

Season 21-22 season then factors the moving of the World Cup in Qatar.

As some else has said if players have to wear mask in a game the ref will to. How is the ref going to blow his whistle ?

Good point mate. However I have it on good authority that the PL in its musings have already come up with two possible solutions to this problem. The first is to have a special Refmask with a built-in whistle properly sealed of course using silicon or something. I am about to go to my shed to knock one up for the PL to try out using one cup of the wife's bra. The second solution is to dispense with referees altogether and just use VAR especially since VAR has been so universally loved and efficiently used since its inception . The VAR ref would "whistle" by activating a loud klaxon installed in all grounds.

Hard to choose between two such commonsense solutions.

100%

The way it is being reported that Spain and Italy are coming out of lockdown is giving some people in the country that the U.K. won’t be for behind in lifting the restrictions we have - Spain and Italy’s lift gives them similar restrictions to what we have. They went harder, we have a semi-lockdown

The language and reporting and false comparisons are not helpful

My sister-in-law is a teacher in Madrid. It's been very weird watching the reporting from the UK press compared to what her actual life is like.

Covid 19 is NOT airborne.
Airborne means it’s in the air and persists.
Covid 19 is only in the air for as long as the cough droplets are.
There were recent medical tests and investigations carried out in both the US and UK which showed that there was evidence showing the covid virus was still present in aerosol droplets much smaller than was first thought possible. The scientists conducting the test were yet to determine whether or not the virus was still in its contagious form whilst in these micro-droplets or whether they were "dead/harmless" but there existence has been reported. These aerosol droplets remain in the air for up to two hours after being exhaled which is much, much longer than was first thought and COULD be evidence that covid19 is in fact airborne.

I might do a search and post the relevant press releases to show you the evidence, but I probably won't as, tbh, I can't really be arsed. But there is evidence out there which suggests that you are/may be incorrect.

Maybe you could do the search yourself and save me the time and effort?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.