Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

If no money ever changed hands in the game of football, would the governing body be looking to start playing it again any time soon? Would they fuck. They'd simply draw a line under it and restart it when it's SAFE, GUARANTEED. So the idea they're even thinking of restarting now is simply down to one thing and one thing only. What a bunch of C#### they all are.

Apparently there is outrage from some quarters in Spain that "Fit and Healthy" footballers are getting preferential treatment,they are going to be tested,and scarce medical resources rerouted to La Liga

I think realistically, this is why it will be a non starter over here.

There would simply be too much outrage.

Rare surgical Masks,medical supplies, being redirected front front line health care, to football grounds.Ambulance crews being taken away from Hospitals to be parked outside grounds during games.You also have the logistic side of games taking place.

Police needing to be out in their hundreds to keep fans away from games being played behind closed Doors.

Not just at grounds either,fans congregating in Town centers,

Lets be honest telling Liverpool fans not to do something,Is akin to telling a Child with ADHD not to put his Hand in a fire.

Last edited:
You rate the backbone of our infrastructure as being on par with the entertainment business. Sorry Marv, I think you are so far from reality on this issue of priorities in trying to get the country back to running as best we can
I don't class footballers as essential workers but we're not talking about football taking the first step. You open according to importance. I get that. But you also open according to risk. There's little risk to society through 20 professional football clubs starting to play football.

Apparently there is outrage from some quarters in Spain that "Fit and Healthy" footballers are getting preferential treatment,they are going to be tested,and scarce medical resources rerouted to La Liga

I think realistically, this is why it will be a non starter over here.

There would simply be too much outrage.

Rare surgical Masks,medical supplies, being redirected front front line health care, to football grounds.Ambulance crews being taken away from Hospitals to be parked outside grounds during games.You also have the logistic side of games taking place.

Police needing to be out in their hundreds to keep fans away from games being played behind closed Doors.

Not just at grounds either,fans congregating in Town centers,

Lets be honest telling Liverpool fans not to something,Is akin to telling a Child with ADHD not to put his Hand in a fire.
Never underestimate the apathy of the British. The days of outrage are long gone. Sadly.

I suppose we are in a “fortunate” position in that we can see how Germany Italy and Spain go about this. There is no way if one or all of those are cancelled we can start the season.

If they manage it successfully then we can take their lead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.