Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Study suggesting that coronavirus genetic material can persist in the air (published 27/04/2020)

A study has been published in Nature which found coronavirus RNA, a type of genetic material, was detectable in the air of hospitals in China.

The study authors proposed that this could be evidence of airborne transmission of the virus, which goes beyond the established evidence of large droplet transmission.

But they highlighted that their findings were of airborne genetic material only, not the functional virus itself – so said that more research is needed....

That's the start of just 1 of "too many to count" reports on the subject (this one is from channel4.com)

Unsubstantiated bullshit it is not.

It is a Bio-Weapon manufactured in a Laboratory,designed to kill,thrive,mutate.

Right now we have no cure.

Hopefully that will change real soon.

Until then i think we all have to be cautious,not just to protect our selves.Protect our loved ones.

I want to enjoy football again, when i know there is no longer any danger to the footballers,their families,and us fans.We can then fill the ground,enjpy the game,and have a huge party that will go on for a couple of days to celebrate.

Boo fucking hoo.
This is what the right and proper test should be used for.
But there’s too many parasites in the game, it’s about time to golden goose was killed.

I promise you, football will survive whether this year is completed or not.
Boo hoo? Have you thought about the finances of clubs when they lose half their broadcasting income for one season and then they lose their match-day income for the next? It's not difficult to imagine all kinds of job losses.

It is a Bio-Weapon manufactured in a Laboratory,designed to kill,thrive,mutate.

Right now we have no cure.

Hopefully that will change real soon.

Until then i think we all have to be cautious,not just to protect our selves.Protect our loved ones.

I want to enjoy football again, when i know there is no longer any danger to the footballers,their families,and us fans.We can then fill the ground,enjpy the game,and have a huge party that will go on for a couple of days to celebrate.
Trump would like you to believe that.

Boo hoo? Have you thought about the finances of clubs when they lose half their broadcasting income for one season and then they lose their match-day income for the next? It's not difficult to imagine all kinds of job losses.
I am not concerned about the lives of people who make their fortunes exploiting everyone else.

I would extend pity and sorrow to the players who are just accepting what is offered to them. But not the owners who bleed the fans dry, extort their players image and demand they put their health and safety on the line just to make them money.

If it was a Bio-Weapon it was the worlds worst for well over 100 years, if you were to design a weapon you want something that will attack quickly and kill the healthy(Like Spanish Flu)this does neither.
That’s the sneaky espionage side of it. You don’t want it to look like a ‘manufactured’ weapon, there’s definitely more to this than we will probably ever find out, probably not in our generation though.
A weapon that kills, is easier to deal with than a weapon that incapacitates and causes casualties which required MORE people and resources to nurse them etc.

If it was a Bio-Weapon it was the worlds worst for well over 100 years, if you were to design a weapon you want something that will attack quickly and kill the healthy(Like Spanish Flu)this does neither.

I am only rightly/wrongly going of what the experts are saying.

It affects me more than most, because i have a couple of poorly family members that this thing could kill.

Those with underlying medical conditions seem to be affected worst.Also the mortality rate for people of color is much higher than white people.

Apparently there is outrage from some quarters in Spain that "Fit and Healthy" footballers are getting preferential treatment,they are going to be tested,and scarce medical resources rerouted to La Liga

I think realistically, this is why it will be a non starter over here.

There would simply be too much outrage.

Rare surgical Masks,medical supplies, being redirected front front line health care, to football grounds.Ambulance crews being taken away from Hospitals to be parked outside grounds during games.You also have the logistic side of games taking place.

Police needing to be out in their hundreds to keep fans away from games being played behind closed Doors.

Not just at grounds either,fans congregating in Town centers,

Lets be honest telling Liverpool fans not to do something,Is akin to telling a Child with ADHD not to put his Hand in a fire.

What we need is someone from the NHS to say they do not think it's right that masks and testing kits are being taken away from the NHS so football can be played. That should go down well...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.